Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Mobile Esta’s and brexit

Hi I need to do our Esta’s as my next job but just looking for some advice. Two of my DD have passports that expire September 2020 and we return on 23/08/2020. I have read that with Brexit we will need at least 6 months on our passports but does this apply to USA also?

Also the rest of the family have no plans to return to the USA after our Disney trip but I’m planning a trip to NY Dec 2020, will our group Esta cover me for this also?

Edited at 03:02 PM.
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
USA is not in the EU so provided the USA don’t change their consideration of the U.K. after Brexit, that shouldn’t impact your plans. However, if you want your ESTAs to cover both trips, renew the passports before doing the ESTAs, as they are linked to the passport number you enter when applying.

NB: group ESTA is for convenience when paying for them ONLY.

Edited at 01:10 PM.
TinselAngel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

The US has an agreement with the U.K. on passports.
uk.usembassy.gov/visas/non-i...vel-documents/
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post
USA is not in the EU so provided the USA don’t change their consideration of the U.K. after Brexit, that shouldn’t impact your plans. However, if you want your ESTAs to cover both trips, renew the passports before doing the ESTAs, as they are linked to the passport number you enter when applying.

NB: group ESTA is for convenience when paying for them ONLY.
Indeed and I've said on here a number of times that after Brexit there's absolutely no reason to think (in my opinion anyway ) that the UK will lose it's "6 month club" status. With all due respect to the honest and upright citizens of Egypt, Gabon and Peru et al I really can't see the Donald withdrawing us from the list of 40 odd countries who don't need grace.

With one minor caveat. We've never flown indirectly via an EU country. If you do are you just in transit airside or do you go through passport control? There might be a case there that the EU transit country might demand 6 month's grace.

And as you say. No such thing as a group ESTA only a group application. Every ESTA is individual to each passport.

Mick

Edited at 01:20 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Indeed and I've said on here a number of times that after Brexit there's absolutely no reason to think (in my opinion anyway ) that the UK will lose it's "6 month club" status. With all due respect to the honest and upright citizens of Egypt, Gabon and Peru et al I really can't see the Donald withdrawing us from the list of 40 odd countries who don't need grace.

With one minor caveat. We've never flown indirectly via an EU country. If you do are you just in transit airside or do you go through passport control? There might be a case there that the EU transit country might demand 6 month's grace.

And as you say. No such thing as a group ESTA only a group application. Every ESTA is individual to each passport.

Mick
Yes, but will ESTA require us to enter our middle names after Brexit?

*grabs coat*

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
animelover
Excited about Disney

Mobile

No, as they will have different passport numbers. So the girls will need new ones for the December trip.

AnimeLover
April 2001 , April 2002 , Oct 2003 , April 2005 , Sept 2007 Oct 2009 Sept 2013 June 2014Oct 2018(Disneymoon <3 )
First DVC Dec 2019 March 2022 Jan 2023 May 2024
animelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Yes, but will ESTA require us to enter our middle names after Brexit?

*grabs coat*
Rob

You're being a little mischievous now I think. I haven't posted on the "middle names on ESTAs" threads since they started to go viral on here a year ago.

But there is one thing that's been worrying me for years though. I need to take our regular monthly Tesco shop with us on our next trip but someone recently suggested that they have grocery shops in Florida. Please put my mind at rest and I can save on taking an extra case.

Mick

Edited at 01:31 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

Just to add, just as your passport is valid for all trips within 10 years, your ESTA is valid for ALL trips within 2 years of issue (provided your passport doesn't expire first). An ESTA is not specific to a particular trip. It also relates only to travel TO the USA, so only has to be valid on the actual date of travel to the USA, whereas your passport has to be valid for the entire period of your trip.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Rob

You're being a little mischievous now I think. I haven't posted on the "middle names on ESTAs" threads since they started to go viral on here a year ago.

But there is one thing that's been worrying me for years though. I need to take our regular monthly Tesco shop with us on our next trip but someone recently suggested that they have grocery shops in Florida. Please put my mind at rest and I can save on taking an extra case.

Mick
Mischievous? Moi?!

I hear their supermarkets sell chlorinated chicken over there...but we digress
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Mischievous? Moi?!

I hear their supermarkets sell chlorinated chicken over there...but we digress
I hear that their USDA steaks are injected with all sorts of funny stuff but I've been eating Flo's Filets for years and will continue to do so.

Never done me any harm - apart from a strange yellow glow coming from my ears.

Our first shop is always Publix at Berry Town Center for a box of their fried chicken.

Mick

Edited at 02:39 PM.