Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Fly or Eurostar?

Hey 👋

We have finally booked up for our first trip to Disneyland Paris next December for 3 nights 😊

Being our first trip outside of Orlando (we've been 4 times) I am a complete newbie but I am sure the Dibb will help me!

Would it be easier to fly or take the Eurostar? I don't want to drive there and we may do a few days in central Paris first before Disney!

Thank you 😊 xx

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

We find Eurostar incredibly easy. It’s a 30 min drive to our nearest station and the train takes you direct to the park. But if you live outside of London / SE then flying might be easier. I personally wouldn’t fly if a Eurostar station was within easy reach. Book your tickets six months in advance for the best deals.

Edited at 10:04 PM.
kenville is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I will do either, it just depends on whats significantly cheaper.

I'm in Nottingham, so can easily drive to Luton and take an Easyjet flight to CDG, or, with a bit more planning I can drive to Ebbsfleet and take the Eurostar. I take hand luggage only on the flights, but on Eurostar you can take more luggage with you at no extra cost. I've done both direct and indirect Eurostar journeys to DLP, had no issues.

Transfers from CDG to DLP are no problem, you have a few options.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kenville View Post
We find Eurostar incredibly easy. It’s a 30 min drive to our nearest station and the train takes you direct to the park. But if you live outside of London / SE then flying might be easier. I personally wouldn’t fly if a Eurostar station was within easy reach. Book your tickets six months in advance for the best deals.
Thank you, we live in Hemel Hempstead so it's only about 30 minutes to London Euston that may be the easiest way to do it. Could even go the night before and stay next to St Pancreas for more excitement!

Is Eurostar usually more expensive than flying? Can you get up and walk about like it's a train?

kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
I will do either, it just depends on whats significantly cheaper.

I'm in Nottingham, so can easily drive to Luton and take an Easyjet flight to CDG, or, with a bit more planning I can drive to Ebbsfleet and take the Eurostar. I take hand luggage only on the flights, but on Eurostar you can take more luggage with you at no extra cost. I've done both direct and indirect Eurostar journeys to DLP, had no issues.

Transfers from CDG to DLP are no problem, you have a few options.
Thank you, I live really close to Luton as well about 5 minutes away so that would be the quickest option this end.

I do think it may come down to price, the flight prices will come out before the Eurostar won't they is it 11 months before? 😄

Old 20 Oct 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
jimbrunswick
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

I get the train from Yorkshire and the Eurostar is so much easier. No airports to worry about and allowances with packing just a cabin bag hehe.
jimbrunswick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jimbrunswick View Post
I get the train from Yorkshire and the Eurostar is so much easier. No airports to worry about and allowances with packing just a cabin bag hehe.
That is very true, more goodies to bring back

Old 20 Oct 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kblackman View Post
Thank you, I live really close to Luton as well about 5 minutes away so that would be the quickest option this end.

I do think it may come down to price, the flight prices will come out before the Eurostar won't they is it 11 months before? 😄
the Easyjet Luton - CDG flights are commuter ones, there are 2 or 3 per day, and I've never booked them 11 months out - its usually more like 2 or 3 months before travel . But yes, if it suits you to book early, I believe next summer's Easyjet flights are available to book now for example.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I much prefer the Eurostar to flying! But that's because I like how the Eurostar can get you straight to the gates of DLP (either direct from St Pancras, or with a change at Lille to the TGV). And also how you can clear French immigration at St Pancras, so at Lille or Marne La Vallee you just need to walk off the train. Whereas with flying I would still have to figure out airport transfers. (Also I really, really, do not like flying through CDG...)
Old 20 Oct 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

We fly (or drive via Hull/Zeebrugge). Being in the lakes it is more expensive to get to london than it is to get from london to dlp. We can drive to EDI, park, fly then taxi transfer for 450. On a train we would need to get to Penrith or Oxenholme and park, then train to london and euro. We cant do that for 450. Flying is also quicker for us. 2 hours to EDI, 2 hours flight and 1.5hour checkin, 1.5 hours luggage and transfer. Train to London alone is 4 hours.

Edited at 05:21 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List