Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Oct 14, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Boots Employees - double discount

Hi everyone

I know its double discount this week, and that it starts today

When does it end?!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 14, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I believe it's on til 23rd.

Have you got a shopping list?
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 14, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

I'm a leaver with staff card and only found out about this by accident, are there any restrictions, like on what? And does it mean double discount on branded and Boots? Thanks!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 14, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Double discount on everything isn't it?
So, 45% on Boots products, 25% on non Boots products.

But do check your receipt!

Boots receipts are rubbish, and don't give you a proper breakdown...I nearly didn't check, but despite scanning their double discount bar code, I only got normal discount. I only spotted this as bought a Boots item for 99p, and it only got reduced to 77p. Not a big deal, except obviously meant whole £15 shop had not been given double discount (but as I said impossible to tell with their stupid receipts!).

The staff had to get a calculator out as didn't believe me and couldn't work it out! After checking with a manager, they refunded my whole basket, which came to £2 more than I had paid...they didn't know why so refunded me that, and gave me £5 of points for the inconvenience. So my £15 shop cost me £3! When they put everything through again, the bar code didn't work again so had to tap it in.

Anyway - point is - check your receipt - I went at 4pm, so they probably had not been given staff correct discount all day!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 14, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Thanks, will be doing some shopping this week then. Went into st 6 N toting a yesterday for some Yankee Candles but looked like a plague of locusts had beat me to it! That's the trouble with so many HO peeps shopping there! Will try Mansfield later.

I know what you mean about checking receipts. When we were at Heathrow a few weeks ago it was a nightmare - only bought 4 bottles of water and a coke and didn't get my discount even tho I challenged the total before I paid. It took me ages to sort it out, including a manager who really didn't know what they were doing - DH thought I'd got lost it took so long!
Thanks again.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 14, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post

is there a limit to how much each transaction can be?
last time i remember there was a limit to the total transaction value
Old 15 Oct 14, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sunsetlakes
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by bftdsh View Post
is there a limit to how much each transaction can be?
last time i remember there was a limit to the total transaction value
You are allowed 3 transactions over the period 13-23 October with double discount (you need to ask for double discount at the till so they can "prime" the transaction. The total spend cannot exceed £450 AFTER discount, you can't use any other vouchers but you can collect your advantage points and you still get your 3 for 2's etc.
sunsetlakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 14, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

thanks everyone

went into boots and she didnt scan the coupon and only got normal discount

good thing i checked the receipt!
Old 16 Oct 14, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

I got a few bits the other day and was told no coupons so did separate transactions for those items as better with coupons than double disc, BUT on the DD trans I noticed that I actually paid MORE than the offer price on a couple of hand washes as they were half price but instead I got DD of the full price so paid more than joe public
Old 16 Oct 14, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread