Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
maroonmol
New Poster (3)

Question Booking Restaurants

Hi all! This is my first post to these forums, a little daunting, but you all seem so welcoming!

We've booked a trip to DLP for 2 from 06/09 - 11/09 (fingers crossed it still goes ahead!) but are in the process of making dining reservations now.

We were hoping to book some in the parks and in Disney Village - so far, we've only booked Bistrot Chez Rémy.

The website is a little confusing - I know some restaurants are shut now and unable to book, but are there any published dates for reopenings of some others (we mainly had Walt's in mind!)

And also... for restaurants in Disney Village, we assumed they'd all be Reservation Only (one even says so), but barely any have an option to book online. Are these OK to just show up at?

And final question... I promise. We're staying in Newport Bay Club, do we need to book our breakfasts everyday there? And how do we do that?

Sorry for the overload of questions, but times are different and thus super confusing!

- M
Old 10 Aug 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cath24601
Excited about Disney

We’re hopefully going in September too - I don’t think you can book online from the UK, you have to do it over the phone via their French number. The number’s on their website somewhere.

As far as the restaurants go, we were told that all table service restaurants needed to be booked (bar Annette’s Diner, which is apparently walk-in only), but that quick service would be fine. Breakfast, we were told we didn’t need to book for this at our hotel (we’re staying at Disneyland Hotel so not sure if others vary) and could book Plaza Gardens when we arrived but not this far out. We’ve only got The Steakhouse booked so far - hubby’s a fussy eater so no point booking most of the others! We’re planning on going to Annette’s and I was going to book Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood but the Disney lady who made my Steakhouse reservation for me told me they were both walk-in only. Hence, just the one reservation for us! Worst comes to the worst, we’ll just quick service the whole time we’re there - I doubt we’ll starve 😊
Cath24601 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Elly_LDN
Helping Donald

You can now book for restaurants via the English app! Just go on the Disneyland Paris app and click ‘Book a table’
Elly_LDN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We are here now, we arrived today! We've been once before and went to Chef Mickey, which I'm not a massive fan of, but the other two we did last time were Captain Jack's, you sit right next to the ride which was fun and we liked the meal, and Chez Remy which was lovely steak and I wouldn't hesitate to go back to either of them. We had a dining plan then so ate at the buffet restaurants that were included in the deal and they were all good, I think these are now all you care to eat, meaning they bring a platter to you. We loved the Plaza as the carved meat was delicious. We also liked Billy Bobs in the Village as it's Tex Mex.

Gill H gave the best tip about getting breakfast from New York style bakery in the Village, which my daughter still raves about, baguettes, croissants, juice and coffees or hot chocolate, she's hoping there is chocolate milkshake as a substitute. We will see tomorrow as she's very keen to recreate that breakfast.

When you get here you can make reservations via the DLP app which is really handy! As ours is a last minute trip, booked yesterday and arrived today, I haven't made any reservations in advance so I'm keen to see what other Dibbers come up with.

This evening we ate QS in the park, but lots of these closed at 5pm which I wasn't prepared for as I hadn't done enough planning but my daughter had a yummy BB8 burger and I had a fish burger in the Cafe Hyperion and they were good.

Disney village looked lively after parks closed, with lots of people. Annettes were taking walk ups as there was a line of people waiting. I'll take a look around and let you know if there are others that are the same. In the parks i think you will have to book TS if you want to eat at those as at the moment they are not doing walk ups.

I hope that is at least a little help, I'm also looking forward to see what the dibb recommends and hopefully we will get some tips too

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 10:07 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elly_LDN View Post
You can now book for restaurants via the English app! Just go on the Disneyland Paris app and click ‘Book a table’
Wow I didn't know you was able to do this now... so handy to know, thank you! We don't go util December but I will be keeping my eyes peeled for our dates to open up
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
maroonmol
New Poster (3)

Sorry, maybe I'm just being a little dumb here but I can't understand the app reservation system? It's showing only restaurants in the parks for me, & for some of them (like Walt's) they're 'available', yet when you go to book all the dates until well into 2021 are blocked off. Should I just call them?
Old 11 Aug 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cath24601
Excited about Disney

Didn’t know this, that’s cool!
Cath24601 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by maroonmol View Post
Sorry, maybe I'm just being a little dumb here but I can't understand the app reservation system? It's showing only restaurants in the parks for me, & for some of them (like Walt's) they're 'available', yet when you go to book all the dates until well into 2021 are blocked off. Should I just call them?
I’m not sure you can book that far ahead. We are going in October and it will only let me book up to mid Sep at the minute
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Walt's has been closed for ages and there is currently no reopening date - they are apparently having a refurb.

I suspect the number of restaurants available will increase as more open - currently there aren't many.

You can choose park or hotel/Village restaurants on the app, I think.

Do you have a dining plan included in your booking? If so, breakfast is included. No need to book. You used to be given a time slot (although you could turn up earlier if you wanted) but I don't think that happens any more.

If you don't have a dining plan, you will need to pay for breakfast. NPB is very nice but jolly expensive and there are cheaper options in the Village.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List