Notices

Old 2 Mar 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Snow?! What time of year did you visit? I might need more than just a jumper then?! So happy to hear you loved it, and thanks for the heads up about the bumps... I will be prepared now (although will no doubt still poop my pants!). Love the idea of eating up at the top, will definitely check out what is on offer up there! Thank you for the tip!
LOL, re: the snow - it was March when we went!
For you it will be a lovely refreshing cool rest away from the heat down at the bottom!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
LOL, re: the snow - it was March when we went!
For you it will be a lovely refreshing cool rest away from the heat down at the bottom!
Phew, hopefully we will avoid the snow in May then!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

So excited to read this, what an epic holiday you have planned! I'm so jealous, I will get to the West Coast one day. All your hotels look amazing, you've made great choices. Can't wait to hear all about it
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
So excited to read this, what an epic holiday you have planned! I'm so jealous, I will get to the West Coast one day. All your hotels look amazing, you've made great choices. Can't wait to hear all about it
It has been a dream holiday for so long, I am still in disbelief it is actually happening!

Excited to share more details with you (two more lovely hotels to go!) and of course give you a full debrief when I am back!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

What an amazing trip, I'm hoping to do a USA road trip late this year/ early next year! So will be following this report

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
What an amazing trip, I'm hoping to do a USA road trip late this year/ early next year! So will be following this report
I am so blooming excited for this one, I shall come back with lots of recommendations I promise!

And congrats again on becoming an offical BA cabin crew member!
Old 12 Mar 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Update 4 - LA hotel

So 4 hotels down, 2 go... next up LA!

We went back and forth on where to stay in LA, toying with both the idea of staying in Universal City so be located right next to Universal Studios or instead opting for a more central Hollywood location that would be a better base for sightseeing. Our minds were made up when Paul stumbled across Dream Hollywood whilst looking at potential hotels!

The hotel is brand new and is currently taking bookings from April onwards so we are going to be some of the very first guests to stay there! The location is definitely a winner, on Selma Avenue it is a short walking distance from the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Chinese Theatre.

Whilst there are no reviews due to it being so brand spanking new the photos look just gorgeous and I have heard positive things about the sister hotel in New York so we are very optimistic it is going to be pretty spectacular!

Once again we booked through eBookers and opted for a bronze king room and then upgraded to have a balcony. We once again had a 14% voucher code and also cashed in Ł4.87 that was in our Bonus+ account so for the 3 nights it came to a total of Ł659. There is no resort fee but the valet parking comes in at a hefty $45 dollars a day (ouch!)... totally justifiable on a holiday of a lifetime right?!

So excited to stay here!
Old 12 Mar 17, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

All caught up. Your hotel choices look amazing! Those Vegas suites, wow! The resort fees suck though, we had the same when we went to New York in 2015. Blasted small print.

Ohhhh I'm so excited for you!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ooh looks lovely! And brand new too, even better
$45 a day 😱
I would expect a full valeting and a car air freshener for that price 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Looks like another fab hotel! Will be nice to stay in one so new! That parking charges are just ridiculous though! And people complain about Disney's prices xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List