Notices

Old 7 Apr 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Well. I am all caught up.
What a fabulous looking trip ! Great places and loving the different accommodation choices. West coast hotel prices are eye watering aren’t they !

Had to smile when I saw Hulas in your dining choices. We had such a nice meal but completely round about walk getting there. Your plans bring back many happy memories of our trip. Will be excited to follow your adventures !

Wonder how you will fare on the shopping front on this one ... be interested to see what you think compared to Florida !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Finally had a chance to catch up with your fantastic plans!

My what an amazing trip you've got planned.

I so know what you mean about the BA website it is so glitchy and a pain to us. You did well with your flights and it feels so good once they're booked.

We're staying at the Columbus thanks to the many recommendations on the dibb and it being the cheapest!

We've struggled so much with Monterey, the prices are just ridiculous, you've done really well with your booking.

Can't wait to read all about it!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Well. I am all caught up.
What a fabulous looking trip ! Great places and loving the different accommodation choices. West coast hotel prices are eye watering aren’t they !

Had to smile when I saw Hulas in your dining choices. We had such a nice meal but completely round about walk getting there. Your plans bring back many happy memories of our trip. Will be excited to follow your adventures !

Wonder how you will fare on the shopping front on this one ... be interested to see what you think compared to Florida !
Thanks Amanda, aren’t they just!
Haha I remember you getting a bit lost on your way to Hula’s, let’s hope we find our way the first time before any hangriness occurs 😆
Ooh I have a shopping list at the ready. I’m still trying to find a Navy mac like you got from Tommy Hilfiger that time. Let’s hope I’m successful in Cali!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Finally had a chance to catch up with your fantastic plans!

My what an amazing trip you've got planned.

I so know what you mean about the BA website it is so glitchy and a pain to us. You did well with your flights and it feels so good once they're booked.

We're staying at the Columbus thanks to the many recommendations on the dibb and it being the cheapest!

We've struggled so much with Monterey, the prices are just ridiculous, you've done really well with your booking.

Can't wait to read all about it!
Thanks Julia!
The BA site drives me bonkers, I can’t believe how bad it is and how it’s not fixed yet!
We’re looking forward to staying at the Columbus, not the most glamorous is it but the location looks perfect!
Monterey is eye wateringly expensive, especially as we wanted 2 bedrooms. Where have you ended up booking?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Great pre trippy and really looking forward to the actual trip!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Wow your trip looks fantastic. DD and I want to do a west coast road trip but she wants to do it when she is older (only 16 at the moment). I visited way back in 1978 and can remember staying at Yosemite. My dad was booking hotels along the way whilst we were out there - can you imagine doing that now! We had just left Vegas and were staying at Death Valley when he was trying to book accommodation at Yosemite. They didn't have room at the hotel there but could offer us a canvas cabin. My mum was NOT impressed when it was a tent - just like those in the photo you posted. We had a racoon visit us - no bears. Our next stop was San Fran so to make up for things Dad booked us a suite at the Sheraton - what luxury!

Have a fantastic time.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Great pre trippy and really looking forward to the actual trip!
Thanks so much for reading!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 16 May 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Dizzy View Post
Wow your trip looks fantastic. DD and I want to do a west coast road trip but she wants to do it when she is older (only 16 at the moment). I visited way back in 1978 and can remember staying at Yosemite. My dad was booking hotels along the way whilst we were out there - can you imagine doing that now! We had just left Vegas and were staying at Death Valley when he was trying to book accommodation at Yosemite. They didn't have room at the hotel there but could offer us a canvas cabin. My mum was NOT impressed when it was a tent - just like those in the photo you posted. We had a racoon visit us - no bears. Our next stop was San Fran so to make up for things Dad booked us a suite at the Sheraton - what luxury!

Have a fantastic time.
Thanks so much for reading. That's brilliant! I can't imagine booking things as I went, the OCD in me wouldn't allow it . I can imagine your mum wasn't impressed with a tent if she was expecting a hotel

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 17 May 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Wow, all I can say is this really does look like the dream West Coast trip .

We have postponed ours to next summer so we can save more first but I’ve just started researching (reading West Coast trippies) and so much of what you’re doing is on my list (Yosemite, Monterey, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, all those famous stops on the PCH, Sausalito, Warner Brothers Tour, Griffith Park etc.) and I can’t wait to read all about it. I know already that your report is going to be so helpful to us.

You must be so excited about a whole three weeks of bucket list moments. Hope you all have an amazing time, can’t wait for the report.

(Oh and yes, I can’t count the number of times I have wanted to throw my computer out of the window while using the BA website 😂. I felt your pain with stress of flight booking.)
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Wow, all I can say is this really does look like the dream West Coast trip .

We have postponed ours to next summer so we can save more first but I’ve just started researching (reading West Coast trippies) and so much of what you’re doing is on my list (Yosemite, Monterey, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, all those famous stops on the PCH, Sausalito, Warner Brothers Tour, Griffith Park etc.) and I can’t wait to read all about it. I know already that your report is going to be so helpful to us.

You must be so excited about a whole three weeks of bucket list moments. Hope you all have an amazing time, can’t wait for the report.

(Oh and yes, I can’t count the number of times I have wanted to throw my computer out of the window while using the BA website 😂. I felt your pain with stress of flight booking.)
Michelle I’m so sorry for the delayed reply, I’ve only just seen this!
Thank you for reading along, I hope I’ll be able to help with your planning. It’s a shame you’ve had to push the holiday back but probably a good idea as we are finding out the hard way that California is not cheap 😳. I’ll look forward to reading about yours with hopefully fond memories, I always enjoy your trippies.
I’m glad I’m not the only one that finds the BA website totally crap! Honestly a company that size you would have thought they could get it sorted!

IG - alicialanesmith