Notices

Old 30 Jan 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Hand luggage only? I think you are absolutely mental haha. I can’t even manage with a 24kg allowance. I do love the idea of just heading out of the immigration hall straight to the Magical Express.

I love how detailed your planning is, thank you for sharing with us.

Hope the first set of ADR booking went well.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh my goodness, your planning is epic! that is completely a gold medal standard!

So we are doing hand luggage on our Texas trip I am slightly freaking out because what shoes do you wear/take? Then there is make up and sun cream and moisturiser. I would love to see your planning list for packing so I can copy it
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Phew! Finally made it through all 17 pages.

Loved reading all about your back story at the beginning of your pre-trippie. We visited in 2014 as well, but in October rather than August. It was our 3rd trip. It's lovely looking back at old photos and seeing how much the children have grown. I like that you have pictures in the same place every year.

Those are fab flight prices that you got. I can't believe you're going with hand luggage only, but then I'm a shopper. It's amazing how many clothes you can get into a hand luggage case, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

What a hassle with trying to work out your hotel stays once you booked the flights for the longer stay. I'm glad you got a solution you're happy with in the end. I'm sure you'll make the most of your extra 2 days at CBR. It'll be lovely finishing off your stay in 2 nice deluxes as well. Fingers crossed for a cheap Universal stay to make the most of your annual passes.

I'm very impressed with all of your spreadsheets. I do love a spreadsheet myself! I'm glad you got your ADR list sorted. It's a great idea having everyone choose one old favourite and then the rest are all new to you. It seems there are so many choices to make... goodness knows how I'll decide when I finally get my one time only, long promised stay on site.

Really enjoyed catching up with this, I'll look forward to seeing the rest of your plans as they unfold.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It does seem a bit pointless taking the information and then typing it up, especially when Disney change the park hours which they usually do about a fortnight before we travel. I'm hoping they do at least for AK as at the moment it's closing at 8.30pm. I do love moving the post it's around the page though that really helps me!

I'm sorry you can't see the daily plans I'll try to type it up properly and post at the weekend.
It is good fun to look out for changes in hours so you can update the spreadsheets though. I'm sure I'm just being rubbish and there is a way to make the pics bigger without making them blurry! I look forward to reading about the plans.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Hand luggage only? I think you are absolutely mental haha. I can’t even manage with a 24kg allowance. I do love the idea of just heading out of the immigration hall straight to the Magical Express.

I love how detailed your planning is, thank you for sharing with us.

Hope the first set of ADR booking went well.
Totally agree it is mental to really be considering hand luggage only

ADR booking has gone well, although I've ditched Morimoto already, just was too scared about the menu. And I've moved the boat house to the DDP part as I want the freedom to order anything and not just t the cheapest burger.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Oh my goodness, your planning is epic! that is completely a gold medal standard!

So we are doing hand luggage on our Texas trip I am slightly freaking out because what shoes do you wear/take? Then there is make up and sun cream and moisturiser. I would love to see your planning list for packing so I can copy it
Hurrah gold medal awarded

Ooh a fellow hand luggager! I'll draw up a packing list, does it surprise you to discover that I do have a packing spreadsheet already? Probably not I think shoes wise I'm going to limit everyone to a max of two pairs of trainers, plus flip flops. But me and Kate have the same size feet so maybe we will have two between us... so that means we could take a pair of nice sandals each. Obvs 1 pair of trainers will be worn therefore only 1 pair each in luggage. But I'm really tempted for me and Kate to share as this will save loads of space, plus she likes my trainers and I like hers so it's not a hard ship.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Phew! Finally made it through all 17 pages.

Loved reading all about your back story at the beginning of your pre-trippie. We visited in 2014 as well, but in October rather than August. It was our 3rd trip. It's lovely looking back at old photos and seeing how much the children have grown. I like that you have pictures in the same place every year.

Those are fab flight prices that you got. I can't believe you're going with hand luggage only, but then I'm a shopper. It's amazing how many clothes you can get into a hand luggage case, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

What a hassle with trying to work out your hotel stays once you booked the flights for the longer stay. I'm glad you got a solution you're happy with in the end. I'm sure you'll make the most of your extra 2 days at CBR. It'll be lovely finishing off your stay in 2 nice deluxes as well. Fingers crossed for a cheap Universal stay to make the most of your annual passes.

I'm very impressed with all of your spreadsheets. I do love a spreadsheet myself! I'm glad you got your ADR list sorted. It's a great idea having everyone choose one old favourite and then the rest are all new to you. It seems there are so many choices to make... goodness knows how I'll decide when I finally get my one time only, long promised stay on site.

Really enjoyed catching up with this, I'll look forward to seeing the rest of your plans as they unfold.
Yes, sorry 17 pages is a slog. You're the one who deserves the medal! I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the old photos. I do think the clothes won't be a problem with the luggage as they do roll up pretty small, plus it's hot so shorts and t shirts, plus a couple of dresses doesn't really amount to much.

I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for the universal hotel as that would be lovely, but as the holiday is already costing a fortune I don't really want to add it on if I can't get enough Clubcard vouchers together to make a significant saving.

I'm glad you're joining me on amother trip Lynda. It's always nice to have old friends along

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It is good fun to look out for changes in hours so you can update the spreadsheets though. I'm sure I'm just being rubbish and there is a way to make the pics bigger without making them blurry! I look forward to reading about the plans.
Not to fear I plan on updating the report with a proper daily plans post at the weekend.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 08:18 AM.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I am impressed with both the detail of your planning and by traveling hand luggage only, no matter how light we try and travel we always seem to end up with loads of stuff!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

I am sad to hear that Morimoto has bitten the dust but did you know that they have a Street Food QS area? It isn't on DP though but perhaps option for DVC part of stay?

P.S. I am going to Boston 😀
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ooh yes please, I would love to see your packing list/spreadsheet!

So I have been looking at capsule wardrobes ideas to see how I can mix and match my clothes so I am not taking my whole wardrobe. Only two pairs of shoes makes me feel a bit nervous trainers are essential as are flip flops but sandals are a bit tricky. I don’t think either of the boys will share their shoes with me

I’m looking forward to hearing about how your Dining Reservations are going too. I hope it’s all going to plan!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I am impressed with both the detail of your planning and by traveling hand luggage only, no matter how light we try and travel we always seem to end up with loads of stuff!
Last year we had two cases and one hand luggage but we hardly managed to fill them so I'm sure we'll be fine this year. Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am sad to hear that Morimoto has bitten the dust but did you know that they have a Street Food QS area? It isn't on DP though but perhaps option for DVC part of stay?

P.S. I am going to Boston 😀
Yes I'm really pleased for you. What happened? Did you win the lottery? Whatever it was I hope you have a brilliant time xx

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Ooh yes please, I would love to see your packing list/spreadsheet!

So I have been looking at capsule wardrobes ideas to see how I can mix and match my clothes so I am not taking my whole wardrobe. Only two pairs of shoes makes me feel a bit nervous trainers are essential as are flip flops but sandals are a bit tricky. I don’t think either of the boys will share their shoes with me

I’m looking forward to hearing about how your Dining Reservations are going too. I hope it’s all going to plan!
What a shame the boys don't want to share

The only ADR I'm a bit worried about is Le Cellier as I read a thread yesterday where someone had problems booking it in July. Replies from others said they had booked it for the beginning of July. I don't want an ADR until the end of our trip but I thought I'd check it out today and there were no ADRs for dinner for any day of our trip, so that's up to 180+10 days out. I know it's a small restaurant so I suspect no availability has been loaded. We will see what happens when it comes to the day that I want it...

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I didn't realise you were doing hang luggage only! (I clearly don't read properly) Eeekk your braver than me

I would love to see your packing spreadsheet as I really struggle with ours. Like Sparksy I struggle to find things that will go together to be able to make multiple outfits xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List