Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Feb 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieEars22
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile All Stars

Hi all,

I'm waiting to book my second trip to WDW when free dining (hopefully) opens up.

We previously stayed in OKW in a two bed villa as we had family with us and loved the space.

This trip will be more budget friendly as it's just myself, hubby and 8 yr old.

I had been looking at CBR or POFQ but I've just noticed that the All Star hotels will be approx €1000 cheaper even with upgrading the dining plan from free breakfast to DDP.

How have people found All Stars? Worth the extra for a moderate?

TIA x
MinnieEars22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve stayed at all stars twice and loved both stays. I’d say they were 2 of our best Disney holidays.

They’re fun resorts and our kids loved them. They’re also small resorts with 1 bus stop which is a bonus.

Imo (and I know lots will disagree) unless you intend spending lots of time at the resort enjoying the relaxing surroundings, sit down restaurants and bars then it isn’t worth the upgrade price for moderate.

We only book moderate as with 4 adults and free qsdp it works out cheaper than booking all stars and upgrading the free breakfast.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at AKL and Wilderness Lodge before our budget trip in December for the run disney event. I was worried that I wouldn’t like the All Stars ... we absolutely loved them! Stayed at Music and Movies. Would definitely stay again
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieEars22
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Hhmmmmm thanks both, now you've really got me thinking 😁😁
MinnieEars22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've stayed at various types of Disney hotels at various Disney resorts. My default resort at WDW is Pop, especially after the room renovations. Stayed at All Star Movies once (prior to renovation) and found it a bit chaotic due to the sheer number of student groups at that particular time.

That being said, I would be perfectly happy staying in a refurbished Value room at WDW (be it Pop or the All-Stars). The refurbishment resulted in a significant upgrade to the rooms, with the addition of brighter lighting, change in flooring, beds, TV, addition of coffee maker, USB charging points everywhere, adding overhead rain showers to the bathroom, etc. I've found my stays in a refurbished Pop room to be extremely comfortable. The refurbished All-Star rooms are fairly similar to the refurbished Pop rooms so I wouldn't hesitate to stay there.

I believe All Star Movies has completed their refurbishment and All Star Music is currently undergoing refurbishment. All Star Sports hasn't yet started being refurbished. So if the price is similar for all 3, I would probably go for All Star Movies to be guaranteed a refurbed room.

Also - you could also take a look at Pop? The addition of the Skyliner was a significant change to the transportation options at Pop, making it far easier and quicker to get to/from DHS and Epcot...
Old 20 Feb 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I stayed at all stars sports last time with ds and I'd happily stay there again
Its still waiting to be refurbed which is why it tends to be the cheapest of the all stars other resorts but even as it its perfectly adequate and the resort is nice and compact. Pool, decent food court, kids activities it has all the basics.
The rooms are basic and the decor is dated its does have a budget offsite motel/hotel feel with disney accents but if your going to be out most of the day its not a huge deal. There are some small considerations like there wasn't a coffee maker and no usb sockets(these are things that have been changed in the refurbed rooms/resorts along with better flooring and nicer decor)so worth considering how important those are to you when choosing which one.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List