Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
brindle
Imagineer

Question March weather

Thinking of march 22 but what's the weather like in march?
We would be heading to the gulf coast, I know the weather can be unpredictable but if you have been at this time I would be interested in your weather.
Terre Verde Resort April 2008+ April 2010
Florida Keys July 2009
brindle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We were there in March 2020 - just got home in time to not encounter issues leaving!

I was in 3/4 length trousers for most of the trip and wore a fleece in the evenings, it wasn't shorts weather for me, but I do really feel the cold.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

We have been to the Gulf Coast every March for the last 10 years. I always wear shorts and T shirt. Occasional evening i put a hoody on the top.

Days are generally in the low 70’s, although have been when it has been in the 80’s. Evenings drop down to mid/low 60’s or top 50’s. Generally it is normally sunny with a bit of cloud. May get an odd grey day with a bit of rain. But none of the heavy rain and thunderstorms of hurricane season.

I personally would now not go to Florida from May - November as the heat and humidity are just too much. So normally we go to Florida in the period November - March and Southern California in other months.

Of course what many people do not realise is that November through to early April is the high season in Florida, especially on the Gulf Coast and the Keys. You get the snowbirds down from the northern States and Canada. Hotel prices can be double or treble what you pay in the summer months. Also half of the MLB teams are down for spring training and the Grapefruit League from mid February to end of March which also puts prices up then too. (FYI the other half of the MLB teams are in Arizona for their spring training and Cactus League).
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MancDisneyGuy
New Poster (2)

March is definitely a good time to go if you don't want extreme heat - it's always been pleasant in March when I've gone (with the odd bits of rain which are pretty much a given in Florida).