Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 14 Oct 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Run Disneyland Trip - Travel day 2

See Travel Day 1 link here - https://DIBB.in/14125971

Travel Day 2 - Wednesday 18 September - Eurostar, Santa Fe and Val D'europe

Having assumed that Joseph feeling a bit ill was to do with travelling I started to feel a bit peaky in the night and as a consequence had a poor nights sleep .

We had a light breakfast at the Premier Inn and left hotel at about 8.40 for the 10.17 am Eurostar.

When we reached the terminal it was full of people obviously going for the Run Disney weekend!

We got through security quickly and waited for the train, Joseph and I were still feeling a bit off colour

He even fell asleep on the train which is unusual !

We were on an old Eurostar Train so there was no wifi, but we had a great conductor who on leaving London informed us that we should "Watch out for the fish under the tunnel" and once we were in Lille said "in under an hour we will be in the magical kingdom" .

The direct train is so much easier than changing at Lille which is what we normally do!

The carriage was full of people talking about the Run Disney event!
Joseph and I had peppermint tea from the buffet car in an attempt to calm our tummies.

Once at Marne La Vallee we caught the shuttle to Santa Fe, we'd booked the night before our package at Newport Bay on Booking .com. We often do this so that one of the park days is not consumed with travelling.

We got to the Santa Fe and I was allocated a 2nd floor room , have I mentioned the weight of my luggage ?

Anyway I asked nicely and was reallocated a ground floor. Anyone due to stay at the Santa Fe should note that there are no lifts so unless you can easily manage luggage / pushchairs you need to request the ground floor. It is the same at Cheyenne.

I like the theming at the Santa Fe but not as much as the Cheyenne. It is very basic but suited us for the amount of time we were in the room.

Luggage dumped we jumped back on a shuttle to the train station and purchased tickets to Val D'europe which is an easy single stop journey.

We had a few things we wanted to pick up at Auchan, the supermarket and I wanted to check out the Disney Selection at Primark (much the same as at home).

I then wanted to have a look at the luxury shops which in the many visits I've made I've never got to so we had a wander down to La Vallee

There are a nice collection of designer shops and there was a rather large queue outside Gucci!

Phoebe is always on the look out for hidden Mickeys (check the fire hydrant? )

And this model outside Karl Largerfield was quite cute.

From there we had decided in advance to have dinner at Val D'europe and had chosen an Italian at La Place Toscane.

It was pretty nice.

The price here, compared to Disney, is incredible. I spent £34.39 for 2 kids pizzas (which if you look at the picture is huge), this came with a coke and an icecream, I had a lasagna and a beer.

After this we caught the RER back and then got the shuttle back.

Our original plan had been to walk back through Disney Village to the Santa Fe but the path was closed due to it being run weekend. It was carnage trying to get the shuttle back that evening. I think this may be because the path was closed.

Once we had an early night with the kids watching Disney XD!
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List