Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 6 Jan 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile Us the movie.

Watched this on the plane going over to Florida before Christmas.

By Jordan Peel who directed ‘Get Out’ which I also really liked.

‘Us’ didn’t get quite as good reviews (more mixed with some scoring it very highly, some middling) but I preferred it to ‘Get Out’, thought it was a great film and probably in my top 10 films of all times.

Like ‘Get Out’ it lurches from mystery, to horror, to the bizarre and humorous. You never know where it is going and it has one of the best open ended twists I’ve ever seen.

Probably not everyone’s cup of tea, but I highly recommend it.
Old 6 Jan 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

I'm totally with you! I watched it in the cinema last year and it was my definite top film of 2019, and one of my top horror movies of all time (I'm a bit of a horror/thriller junkie!) just absolutely fantastic acting and storytelling.

I really enjoyed "Get Out" as well but like you I think "Us" pips it to the post. I will definitely look out for any other movies Jordan Peele does from now on.

Highly recommended!
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loved the film and the Us house in Halloween horror nights at universal studios last year was amazing !
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Loved the film and the Us house in Halloween horror nights at universal studios last year was amazing !
Wow bet that was great:

“We are Americaaans”

I think in time the film will go down as a horror classic.
Old 6 Jan 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I watched this on the plane back from orlando in October after really enjoying the house at Halloween horror nights. Thought the film was great but left a few questions that won’t ever get answered.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I watched it on the plane going to Orlando (but I wouldn’t go to HHN - dd and Dh went together) I got bored with the film and switched it off.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

The female lead did a stint in the house in Hollywood playing her character, would have been cool to have been there, it was few days after we had done HHN
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimers2018
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Watched this on the plane going over to Florida before Christmas.

By Jordan Peel who directed ‘Get Out’ which I also really liked.

‘Us’ didn’t get quite as good reviews (more mixed with some scoring it very highly, some middling) but I preferred it to ‘Get Out’, thought it was a great film and probably in my top 10 films of all times.

Like ‘Get Out’ it lurches from mystery, to horror, to the bizarre and humorous. You never know where it is going and it has one of the best open ended twists I’ve ever seen.

Probably not everyone’s cup of tea, but I highly recommend it.
Agree. I watched it last October before embarking on HHN for the first time. It was one of the houses at universal. So glad i had watched all the movies first. It was an awesome holiday so much so we have booked HHN for this year too.
Firsttimers2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
The female lead did a stint in the house in Hollywood playing her character, would have been cool to have been there, it was few days after we had done HHN
Wow that’s cool.
Old 8 Jan 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I really enjoyed Get out. I have not seen Us yet the open ending puts me off. In movies or books I like a proper end to the story plus answers
So would I still enjoy it?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List