Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Nov 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

We are hoping to book for 2022, likely in the holidays this time as eldest will be year 6/7 so don't want to be taking him out of school at that age. Nervous about what prices will do, we were really hoping to do Disney/Universal once all on site, but will only do it if it feels worth our while, dining (ideally free but within budget would do!) was one of the big draws of on site for me. We have £9000 to cover 2 weeks, disney and universal and all food (4 of us), we were doing that all on site this year and Hard Rock Hotel, I'm doubtful we will manage it in 2022. Here's hoping.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

I'd be happy if they brought back the paid for DDP in time for my holiday next year!
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I think it will be back ..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I just want the DDP back. If it’s free, even better. But we’d have to change hotel to a value to be able to afford it if it’s ‘paid for’ and we don’t really wanna have to leave our beloved CSR. Come on free dining!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
kzrr02
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
I think it will be back ..
I really hope so 🤞
kzrr02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I hope it comes back for next year, too. We were supposed to be doing something special next year for our 10th wedding anniversary and to celebrate a big number birthday for DH, and it was originally going to be a cruise on the Queen Mary to New York, but that was cancelled by Cunard. So then we considered a trip to Shanghai to complete our "every Disney park around the world" challenge, but with all the uncertainty around travel at the moment, I think we are now going to just stick with 3 weeks in Florida, consisting of one week in a villa to visit non-Disney, then 2 weeks onsite. We've done this once before and loved it, so I think that is our best bet for next year, and it would be fantastic if we could include free dining in that. Fingers crossed!
Old 4 Feb 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
To the poster that asked about Nov, unlikely unless they start going backwards, the last time, which is basically the one we all had to cancel, wasn't even the end of Sept the cut-off was mid Sept (14th I think). I just don't see how they can make an announcement in apr with still so many unknowns
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

I think that tonight I had confirmation from ever after holidays that free dining isn't happening for 2022, on a now deleted post on Facebook by them, I asked if they had heard any rumors or facts on free DD they basically told me not to bank on it as its not even offered as a paid product so wont be offered for free. I went to reply that I was unsure if to now to book for 2022 offsite or hold out for 2023 but my question and reply are now deleted, still unsure what to do they are a few good deals for august 2022 offsite on tui.
Old 8 Feb 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney_daddy View Post
I think that tonight I had confirmation from ever after holidays that free dining isn't happening for 2022, on a now deleted post on Facebook by them, I asked if they had heard any rumors or facts on free DD they basically told me not to bank on it as its not even offered as a paid product so wont be offered for free. I went to reply that I was unsure if to now to book for 2022 offsite or hold out for 2023 but my question and reply are now deleted, still unsure what to do they are a few good deals for august 2022 offsite on tui.
Tbh, travel agents say this every single year but I think as long as social distancing will be in place they won’t want lots of people in the restaurants as some are still closed and all will have reduced seating so may not be enough capacity to offer it .
I think that’s the underlying reason rather than they don’t need to offer it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Travel agents always say this - because they don’t know.

I’ll be absolutely devastated if it’s not offered in any form. With 19 months to go until we want to go to Disney (and over twelve months until they usually start the arrival window for free dining), the fact that they would write off the dining plan for all of next year seems premature for me. I hope I’m right.

It seems silly but planning our next Disney holiday has been getting me through these lockdown weekends. If DDP isn’t offered in any form, I know our group, and no one will want to go. The restaurants make it for us and there’s no way we could afford to eat at places like the California Grill without the dining plan.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List