Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Nov 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Recommendations for Dubrovnik

We have booked easyJet flights for July next year to Dubrovnik. Hopefully travel will be possible again at that time. We will be travelling with our three children-age 19, 18 and 12.

Does anyone have any recommendations of areas/places to stay? We will most likely do a split stay -possibly in the Old Town if it is a good area to stay and a good base for sightseeing?

We would then like to move slightly outside the city to a hotel/apartment with a pool so the kids can laze about and top up their tan! Are there any areas not too far from the city centre you could recommend and still suitable for trips/things to do?

Never been to Croatia before, it’s nice to have something to look forward to, we are aware it may not go ahead though. If anyone can help with planning, it would be much appreciated 👋
DisneyArab is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

We stayed at Royal Princess which is on the Lapad peninsula at Babin Kuk. It’s about a 10 minute bus ride into the Old Town and we thought it was a perfect location. We’d never been to Croatia before either and just fell in love with the place. We’ll definitely go back when we’re able to travel again!

In the Old Town, you must walk the city walls (check if there are any cruise ships in port and try to avoid them by going early). We also took the cable car to the top of the mountain and had a drink at the top which gave fabulous views.

It’s a stunning place and I’m sure you’ll have a brilliant time.
kateb78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
We stayed at Royal Princess which is on the Lapad peninsula at Babin Kuk. It’s about a 10 minute bus ride into the Old Town and we thought it was a perfect location. We’d never been to Croatia before either and just fell in love with the place. We’ll definitely go back when we’re able to travel again!

In the Old Town, you must walk the city walls (check if there are any cruise ships in port and try to avoid them by going early). We also took the cable car to the top of the mountain and had a drink at the top which gave fabulous views.

It’s a stunning place and I’m sure you’ll have a brilliant time.
Thank you for your info. Would you think it better to stay outside the old town in a place like Lapad and travel in to see the sights?

That hotel looks beautiful!
DisneyArab is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
Thank you for your info. Would you think it better to stay outside the old town in a place like Lapad and travel in to see the sights?

That hotel looks beautiful!
It really was lovely. We had a balcony looking over the sea and every time I went out there I just couldn’t get over the colour of the water. I drove my husband mad by saying “yes but look at the colour!” 🤣

I’ve never stayed in the old town so it’s hard to compare but we wanted a bit of r&r as well and Lapad seemed to offer the best of both worlds. It was only 10 minutes or so away from the centre so was super convenient.
kateb78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
It really was lovely. We had a balcony looking over the sea and every time I went out there I just couldn’t get over the colour of the water. I drove my husband mad by saying “yes but look at the colour!” 🤣

I’ve never stayed in the old town so it’s hard to compare but we wanted a bit of r&r as well and Lapad seemed to offer the best of both worlds. It was only 10 minutes or so away from the centre so was super convenient.
Thanks for replying. I’ll have a look into that area. It may work well for us too, relaxation for the teens and sightseeing for us.
Old 3 Dec 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

we stayed near Dubrovnik in a little place called Cavtat , we got an apartment though there were a few hotels there. We caught the taxi boat into Dubrovnik when we visited - we were glad we were staying there rather than Dubrovnik itself as it was so busy especially with cruise ship arrivals. Hope you have a good time we loved Croatia.
Old 7 Dec 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
No recommendation on where to stay for your group as my friend and I booked an apartment on booking.com just overlooking the old town near the cable car. If cruise ships are back running again then I would prob avoid staying directly in the old town, its heaving when they roll in. Dubrovnik is stunning lots and lots of steps and cobbled streets. Eating and drinking out quite pricey we found compared to other places we've been. Stand out meal for us was The Taj Mahal Bosnian restaurant, not Indian as the name suggests. Do some research on places to eat we found the food a mixed bag. As suggested walk the walls and do the cable car. A cocktail at the top is a must to take in those views. 3 nights in the city was plenty for us and would have loved to explore more places in Croatia. Its a stunning place to go.
Old 7 Dec 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Thank you both for replies. Everyone seems to suggest staying out of old town. I had heard that the old town gets busy with cruise ships- Sounds like it’s a better idea to stay a wee bit further out and travel in to the city centre. Really looking forward to it, have been looking at accommodation but my goodness it’s pricey! Thank goodness the flights were very cheap. Let’s just hope we all get to travel next summer.