Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 13 Mar 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BallroomMom
Proud to wear my Ears

October 2020 - No Mouse

Just paid deposit so fingers crossed all will be back to normal by October. Super excited.

No Disney this time as we simply couldn't afford to do both and we wanted to see some other parks this time round.

Any suggestions on the below.

Could people recommend a few places on Intl Drive to eat, I've added a few below but I need a few more as we wanna be super flexi this time and just try to relax in evenings without panicking about ADRs

Day 1 Travel Day - Rosen Pointe Orlando
Day 2 Discovery Cove & Millers Dinner
Day 3 Pool Day/ Explore Intl Drive - Shopping + cheesecake factory
Day 4 Seaworld + Bahama Breeze or disney springs
Day 5 Intl Drive Day - Icon Park /Mini golf wonderworks + chillis
Day 6 Kennedy Space Station
Day 7 Pool Day / Icon Park /Mini golf + MNSSHP evening
Day 8 Move to Cabana Bay - US/IOA for afternoon and Citywalk evening
Day 9 Vocano Bay & Resort/Citywalk evening
Day 10 Early Morning Un Studios/IoA -
Day 11 Early Morning Un Studios/IoA
Day 12 Vocano Bay & Disney Springs evening
Day 13 Pool Morning & US/IOA
Day 14 Morning US/IOA and Travel Home Day

Mght try fit in scare night in US somewhere if my 10 yr old feels brave enough for a few bits (we wont do everything too scary)

Disney & Universal: May 2019
Everything but Disney: August 2022
BallroomMom is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi

We've booked ten days at Disney in early October so like you, we are hoping things are back to something like normal by then.

We were last on I-Drive last September and stayed at the International Palms so not too far from where'll hopefully be!

You've got several of our favourites already planned but a few other possibilities -

Sweet Tomatoes
Applebee's
Red Lobster / Joe's Crab Shack if you like seafood
Olive Garden
Panda Express in City Walk - we've never really found a good Chinese restaurant in the area!
Hash House a Go Go - my fave last time but the potions are enormous!
Cici's Pizza - cheap option but pretty good pizzas, salad, pasta and desserts

There's plenty of other places in the area, don't forget to sign up for vouchers before you go and also look out for voucher books!

Kev

kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BallroomMom
Proud to wear my Ears

I hope we both still get to go... I'm getting closer to feeling like we will be rescheduling until 2021

BallroomMom is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Originally Posted by BallroomMom View Post
I hope we both still get to go... I'm getting closer to feeling like we will be rescheduling until 2021
I'm not overly confident either, still a while away but its going to take quite a long time to get things back to something approaching normal.

Kev

kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
BallroomMom
Proud to wear my Ears

We have decided to ditch our October 2020 plan, I just don't think it will be the same.

Going to re-plan for May or Oct next year at this stage

Its just too much money to spend for what could be a very restricted holiday or no holiday at all.

Sad but necessary

Old 9 Apr 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Originally Posted by BallroomMom View Post
We have decided to ditch our October 2020 plan, I just don't think it will be the same.

Going to re-plan for May or Oct next year at this stage

Its just too much money to spend for what could be a very restricted holiday or no holiday at all.

Sad but necessary
Hi

Sorry to hear you've not going to be able to go in October but completely understand your thinking.

We will need to make a decision as well but have decided to leave it until a bit nearer the final payment is due to see what the situation is then.

I suspect the parks will be opening sometime in late May / June but very restricted in numbers of guests allowed in and no parades, fireworks etc for the time being as will be too hard to try and keep people at a 'safe' distance apart. Restaurants etc will also have a lot less tables to allow distancing.

Whether we will be allowed to leave the UK / be allowed into the US - who knows.

It certainly won't be the same and I suspect it will be a long time before things are back to something like how it was before

Hope you have a great holiday whenever you go.

Kev

Old 9 Apr 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were due to fly Monday but normally go in October. I have held from re-booking for October and requested a full refund and will see what deal I can get nearer the time if the travel restrictions are lifted and we feel safe going.

Whatever you decide, I hope it works out for you, but most importantly, stay safe
Old 3 May 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
robotango
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Is anybody else weighing up there options for October 2020, I’ve as always booked separately, this year flights booked with Virgin Atlantic and park tickets through Klook, considering trying to move to 2021 but has anybody had any joy with that ?
robotango is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
taleasoldastime
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by robotango View Post
Is anybody else weighing up there options for October 2020, I’ve as always booked separately, this year flights booked with Virgin Atlantic and park tickets through Klook, considering trying to move to 2021 but has anybody had any joy with that ?
I didn’t think they’d let you move flight only with Virgin Atlantic yet. It’s only dates up till 30th June atm unfortunately.
taleasoldastime is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
robotango
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by taleasoldastime View Post
I didn’t think they’d let you move flight only with Virgin Atlantic yet. It’s only dates up till 30th June atm unfortunately.
Thanks for that, I’ve just dropped Virgin Atlantic a message and I’ll report back how they respond, think you’re right though, because I booked before March it’ll only let you move flights for departure before the end of June
robotango is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List