Notices

View Poll Results: Have you had your central heating switched on yet?
Yes 111 89.52%
No 13 10.48%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Oct 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Have you had your heating on yet?

On a zoom call today some colleagues said they'd had their heating on. I was shocked. Its layers and blankets here but we are right down on the south coast. How about you?

Edited at 09:01 PM.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Yep, tonight we bit the bullet. Don’t know where you live, but up here in the North East it’s been non stop rain and temperatures dropping every day. Blumming freezing tonight
silverfox46 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

as always i never quite understand these posts when they crop up this time of year. We wouldn't dream of ever turning our heating off, its just controlled by the thermostat, if its cold it comes on, if its not it doesn't the time of year is basically irrelevant; Funily enough ours actually came on, on August bank holiday this year it was that poxy cold

Paul
OutbackAddict is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Yep, tonight we bit the bullet. Don’t know where you live, but up here in the North East it’s been non stop rain and temperatures dropping every day. Blumming freezing tonight
We are right down south so that's a huge factor!

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
as always i never quite understand these posts when they crop up this time of year. We wouldn't dream of ever turning our heating off, its just controlled by the thermostat, if its cold it comes on, if its not it doesn't the time of year is basically irrelevant; Funily enough ours actually came on, on August bank holiday this year it was that poxy cold
It's primarily a money thing, may as well try and go as long as we can
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LostPrincess View Post
It's primarily a money thing, may as well try and go as long as we can
In my younger years i never used to feel the cold, didn't own a jumper, struggled with the heat now i'm the wrong side of 50 i enjoy Florida in August and would have to economise on something else rather than my heating, really can't deal with the cold at all

Paul
OutbackAddict is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

As already said the heating is always on as such and only kicks in when cold.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Yes, ours is on now but only if the thermostat lets it kick in. I have 2 hours in the morning and about 3 in the evening. Is still set to cut out at a pretty low temperature 16 in the morning and 16.5 in the evening. We didn’t used to turn our heating on until November but I definitely feel the cold now and don’t want to make life anymore miserable than it already is😊. We live in Scotland if that’s any excuse 🤣

Edited at 06:39 AM.
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ours has been on for ages - we are in Scotland
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

NE of Scotland, Heating on .
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Edinburgh here. Ours ours is on for a while then off. I am at the stage I get too warm with it on but cool when it’s off if I am just sitting around. We have a gas fire and that helps in the evening - that’s all that’s needed.

If it was up to my husband there would be no heating on until we had frost inside the windows!

Edited at 10:10 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List