Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Dec 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
EasyJet baggage changes

Just had an email from EasyJet to let me know the baggage arrangements.
You can still take a small bag onboard as long as it goes under the seat in front, but you cannot take on large cabin bags yourself anymore. They are allowing you to take one with you but you have to give it to them at Bag Drop and they take it on, and give it back to you at the other end. But it looks like they are going to charge you £7 for the privilege.
I will get this for free as I booked before they changed the arrangements though.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

I was just coming on to post this! Not really sure where I stand, I have a lot of medical equipment that I normally put in my hand luggage (I can't risk it going in the hold and possibly not making it to it's destination). I won't be able to fit it all in the hands free bag, so need to have the bigger hand luggage case that I've always had for free. I'm a little bit frustrated if I'm going to have to pay to upgrade my seat for a change that is coming in after I've already made my purchase.
Ladyshopper is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes I got the email too, it’s quite a big change really
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I was just coming on to post this! Not really sure where I stand, I have a lot of medical equipment that I normally put in my hand luggage (I can't risk it going in the hold and possibly not making it to it's destination). I won't be able to fit it all in the hands free bag, so need to have the bigger hand luggage case that I've always had for free. I'm a little bit frustrated if I'm going to have to pay to upgrade my seat for a change that is coming in after I've already made my purchase.
I think you will still get it for free if you’ve already booked.
That’s what the email states.
Tracy x
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

im sure i responded to this earlier!

from the FAQ

What if I have already booked flights before 1st December for travel on/after 10th February?

If you are travelling from 10th February and have already booked an Up front or Extra legroom seat, you don’t need to make any changes to your booking.

If you have already made a booking before 1 December 2020 for travel from 10 February 2021 and have not booked an Up front or Extra legroom seat, you will be able to bring on board a small under seat cabin bag (maximum 45 x 36 x 20cm including any handles and wheels). In addition to this we will be contacting you to offer you easyJet’s Hands Free product free of charge should you wish to still bring a large cabin bag in addition to your small under seat cabin bag. Hands Free enables you to check your large cabin bag into the hold at Bag Drop and have it delivered amongst the first on the baggage belt on arrival.

For all new bookings made for travel from 10th February 2021 the new policy will apply.

Edited at 07:36 PM.
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Tracy x
does it ? i can't see that in the email

All customers can bring on board one small cabin bag (max. 45 x 36 x 20 cm), and this must fit under the seat in front of them.

Customers who have booked an Up front or Extra legroom seat can also bring on board a large cabin bag (max. 56 x 45 x 25 cm), which must fit in the overhead locker. These seats can be selected at the time of booking, or at any time before you check-in via Manage Bookings, or by contacting our Customer Service Team.

Please be aware that if you bring a large cabin bag to the Departure Gate without the correct seat selection, we will have to place this in the hold, and charges will apply.

These policies will come into effect for all travel from 10th February 2021. For travel until that date, the existing cabin baggage policy applies.
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Tracy x
Unfortunately not, the email says if you have an existing booking you can get their 'hands free' service for free. However, that involves putting your larger cabin bag in the hold, which isn't an option for me with my medical equipment, and my medical equipment won't fit in the little canvas bag they give you when you use the hands free service.
Ladyshopper is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I assumed they will be using the overhead lockers for these 'hands free' bags with them choosing where it goes rather than you putting it above your seat. Otherwise the overhead lockers won't be getting used at all now as small bags have to go under the seat in front.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Flowing Ryanair I see. Next it will be pay extra to so you can have your bigger bag in the cabin. This is the ultimate aim here to make more money of ancillary fares to make the flight appear cheaper than it is.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

to be fair i dont blame them as more passengers have a huge case that is so heavy that it could be very dangerous in the overhead bins

i would prefer to pay for what i need rather than what others need