Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Dec 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Manchester Airport Parking

I’m hoping a kind dinner might be able to help with some advice please.

We are flying (fingers crossed) from Manchester airport for the first time in July. Our flights are leaving from terminal 2 (Virgin) so I was hoping to book parking close by. I have had a look about online for some information and it looks like the T2 West Multi storey car park is quite close.

I have been checking the Manchester airport website on a regular bases for months now and the option to book the T2 west (or east) has never come up, the only T2 parking option I get for our dates is Meet and Greet and we would rather not use it, preferring to park the car ourselves.

Today I was playing around with dates and it looks like I can only book up to 14 days parking at T2 west but our trip is slightly longer. I called Manchester airport and the guy I spoke to said I should make 2 back to back bookings to cover our dates. I’m unsure how this would work as we will be on holiday so can’t exit and re-enter the car park when one booking ends and the other begins. Has anyone every done this? Do you know if it’s really is possible?

Both T1 & T3 multi-storey car parks are available for my dates but I’m not sure how far away these are from T2, would either of these be a practical alternative? Are they walking distance?

Many thanks in advance
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
live local and always use aph, short shuttle trip and avoids the chaos of the silly parking drop off rules, and all the roadworks etc
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes have done this before, when exiting the car park I had to press the intercom, gave them my registration number and they let us out.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pritch View Post
live local and always use aph, short shuttle trip and avoids the chaos of the silly parking drop off rules, and all the roadworks etc
We’re booked into the Clayton at the airport, that’s what made look at parking on site.

Would the APH be easy enough for us to get to? My sense of direction is shocking and I’m not familiar with the area at all
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
Yes have done this before, when exiting the car park I had to press the intercom, gave them my registration number and they let us out.
It’s reassuring to know this would actually work , thank you for posting
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
if your at the airport one of the 3 jetparks would be best
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MatJohnson
Proud to wear my Ears

What's the aversion to M&G out of interest?
MatJohnson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MatJohnson View Post
What's the aversion to M&G out of interest?
I’ve got to be honest, I have no experience of it at all but I have read a few horror stories which have made me a wee bit sceptical

I realise you can find horror stories about most things if you look hard enough though
Old 8 Dec 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
I’ve got to be honest, I have no experience of it at all but I have read a few horror stories which have made me a wee bit sceptical

I realise you can find horror stories about most things if you look hard enough though
The official on site M&G is very good, I've used it for our last five trips. No issues at all, and all vehicles are photographed in a drive through booth on entry for peace of mind.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I have used the Airports own Meet & Greet for years now and they are excellent, even the we were delayed in Florida due to the Hurricane in 2017, no extra charge even though we were 3 days late picking up the car.

The Meet & Greet is so easy just drive up to the top of the multi story (your car is photographes/scanned at the entrance, park your car as directed, get your bags out and walk across to departures and they have a desk that you leave your keys with. On your return walk across from arrivals and your car will be on the bottom floor of the multi story, collect your keys from the kiosk on the ground floor and you are on your way.

I always worry about self parking in the multi story as whilst you can find a perfect space when you park it there is no saying that the cars either side of you are moved during your stay and your car could get damaged.

It's also worth signing up to Manchester Airport on Facebook as they have offers quite often.

Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List