Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Like millions of others we lost April 2020 - only took VA about 130 days to refund us.

Like another million others we lost Nov 2020 - BA quicker though at around 30 days.

Sadly our glass now becoming half empty for next April. As we're both 74 we should be jabbed by mid-Feb but the numbers over there are still very scary. In any event if the FCO don't remove their advisory we wouldn't go anyway - travel insurance would be invalid.

Hopeful for Nov 2021 though.

Mick
A friend resident in Lake Berkley had the Modena vaccine last week if that brings any hope.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
A friend resident in Lake Berkley had the Modena vaccine last week if that brings any hope.
Every little helps Sue and thanks for that.

Mick
Old 10 Jan 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

We are booked for May and Sep which are the remnants from 2020
I think highly unlikely for May but a bit more hopeful for the Sep trip
But you never know! Hopeful with the vaccine roll out
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Seeing rumours of latest lockdown info Pubs closing extended till May not hopeful. Trying to decide what to do this was 3rd time we had booked the holiday.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Plonks
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Plonks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
No not hopeful at all due to fly 3rd May balance is due next month so do we pay 💰 and hope they cancel or just move it to next year which will cost £100.
We were also due to fly on the 3rd May but we have decided to move it to May 2022 to give things chance to settle. Virgin Holidays changed the holiday FOC.

Paul
Plonks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Plonks
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Plonks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Like millions of others we lost April 2020 - only took VA about 130 days to refund us.

Like another million others we lost Nov 2020 - BA quicker though at around 30 days.

Sadly our glass now becoming half empty for next April. As we're both 74 we should be jabbed by mid-Feb but the numbers over there are still very scary. In any event if the FCO don't remove their advisory we wouldn't go anyway - travel insurance would be invalid.

Hopeful for Nov 2021 though.

Mick
My brother in law 77 has his first jab yesterday, he lives in Yardley Birmingham at his local doctors

Paul
Plonks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

I like the optimism, but to me anyone thinking there is a chance to go to Disney this side of the summer and have a normal holiday are just delusional. Florida had 20000 new cases on 06/01, Most of UK won’t get the vaccine until the summer, even when the gates reopen we are likely to have to wear masks, and reduced activities, shows, dining etc. I’ve moved from 2020, provisionally to 2021 but will move to 2022 as soon as the prices are released. You won’t catch me going to America this year. Please prove me wrong, but without being rude, people need to let go of the chances for this year, face reality, and look forward 2022.
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

We are booked for May. Everything booked is moveable except the Disney tickets, which for now expire in September. Hopefully Disney will extend the expiry date to next year but that would mean 2020 tickets valid in 2022. Chances?
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Plonks View Post
My brother in law 77 has his first jab yesterday, he lives in Yardley Birmingham at his local doctors
I'm 75 next week and older than Joan so I might jump into band 3

Mick
Old 10 Jan 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dublingirl
Helping Mickey

We are supposed to be flying on 1st May. We had it all booked and paid for last year and, when it was cancelled, put it back by a year. Fingers are still crossed but hope is starting to fade.
Dublingirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List