Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Jan 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ayefour
Dancing with Tink'

The reasons and benefits of staying on site drop by the day. I really can not see my family staying on site anytime in the future sadly.
Ayefour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

It makes our decision much easier tbh, our first holiday was booked last year all on site, free dining etc, we love having a car and freedom abroad but with car parking fees was too much. So we will do villa and car next year now I think, and probably spend less time in Disney over all.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
So now I have to ask the question, apart from those of you with DVC.. what’s the point of the cost of staying onsite, bet hotel prices don’t go down...

I can’t see the point
No Disney bubble anymore just more money to pay out for an experience. Glad we decided against WDW next year.

Very disappointed in WDW, I said when I returned in 2019, the magic had gone...
They have a lot of money to make back, and potentially millions of Americans willing to pay whatever it takes. They model everything like this and must be forseeing very strong demand. Magical Express was to keep people in the bubble so they don’t even need that. Magic bands gone too, I bet hotel rates go sky high too.

Edited at 06:31 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rayraygreen View Post
This is one of the reasons we stay on property. We’ll probably look at Cabana Bay or the other cheaper Universal resorts next time. Cabana Bay is usually a similar price to the budget Disney hotels but it’s so much nicer in my opinion.
Totally agree, I’ve always stated that at the budget to moderate range at WDW off site hotels are far superior and the US ones look better less tired etc despite WDW revamp

Does make me wonder if WDW are in trouble
Early entry is only 30 mins.

Edited at 06:32 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Early entry for 30 minutes and virtual queuing anyone?
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Next year was the first time planning to have a car... was moving away from DME anyway.

We love EMH (morning) so dissapointed to see this go, but disperses the hotel guests over the 4 parks for those 30 mins instead of a large % going to one park..

Still will be staying at Disney next year for the Disney bubble alone... cannot wait!

Edited at 06:38 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Absolutely no point adding 30 minutes - that's maybe one extra ride and I bet it's not even enforced properly.

Very disappointing news on both counts and add to that Magic bands and parking there really is very little incentive for most to stay onsite. Wouldn't surprise me if they start charging for resort to park next
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
Just been reading about this.
Another one who thinks the introduction of parking charges was part of the longer term plan 🙄
Train won't be operation until (at least) end of 2022 and only to springs. Currently luggage is not permitted on disney transport (?)
Was actually planning my next trip to start /end at WDW to use magical express but will be spending more time off site now I expect all the benefits are being gradually eroded
It wouldn’t make sense to have a train from an airport without luggage . I suppose there could be an option luggage follows by road though so train to DS then pick up the bus to your resort. Not so different to luggage transfers for US DME users currently where Disney pick up luggage from the carousels and bags travel later.
I’ve never understood the appeal of DME with the risk of waiting ages to leave and tired screaming kids on board and the possibility of not going direct when Uber/Lyft is inexpensive and quick.

That said I’ve struggled to find value in any of the resorts in recent years without the dining plan and we’d already said next stay would be off site or Swan/Dolphin anyway.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Wow, this is getting silly now. I guess fast pass might come back at some point (unless I’ve missed something) but these on site perks are diminishing fast. I’m dvc but enjoyed not having to drive so always take the magic express.
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
They have a lot of money to make back, and potentially millions of Americans willing to pay whatever it takes. They model everything like this and must be forseeing very strong demand. Magical Express was to keep people in the bubble so they don’t even need that. Magic bands gone too, I bet hotel rates go sky high too.
YT have magic bands gone? Ive missed that if so!