Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Sep 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Return of the Rescuer – Day 16 – 18.7.19 – Pre Park Opening – what were we thinking?

Return of the Rescuer – Day 16 – 18.7.19 – Pre Park Opening – what were we thinking?

Index is here

We’d had a few days where it was hard to get up but boy the struggle this morning was real. Who knows what I was thinking when I booked a pre park opening breakfast the day after our 4-park challenge day?

We didn’t leave the room until 7.20am but luckily, we caught a bus to MK straight away and we were there in plenty time for being let in at 7.45am. We strolled round taking some photos on the way, others were rushing round but I certainly wasn’t up for that.

There was a line to check in and to confirm the order but it wasn’t too bad. We sat in the ballroom.

Ds and I had the meats and cheeses. This was nice.

Dh had the Gaston’s feast, he thought it was ok. I had the fruit with my meat and it was good.

The pastries were fine, I didn’t really have any but the other 2 did.

We all had soda.
Never in a million years would I pay $28 a head for this but it’s a nice use of a dining credit.

We left at 8.45 and there was a fair line for 7d but it wouldn’t have taken long, they were however having technical issues and were doing a delayed opening so we decided to leave and headed to Peter Pan for rope drop instead. I think 7d eventually opened about 9.40am so we made the right choice.

There was a small line at Peter Pan but we were done and off by 9.05am. Next up Splash Mountain, the walk was beautifully quiet.

The wait time stated 15 minutes but Touring Plans predicted 8 minutes and that was correct. Pirates was next, again an 8-minute wait.

Next stop snacks from Sunshine Tree Terrace. We had a Reds revenge - strawberry dole whip, this was awesome and a citrus swirl float.
. We sat at Skippers to enjoy these in the shade.

Buzz Lightyear was next and we had a fastpass, more impressive scores.

On the way across we stopped for the zoom in and out photo at Plaza Gardens. This took days to appear on our account, so much so we went back to get another one done later in the holiday.

Buzz lightyear was great and we all managed our highest scores ever! I got the highest!

Crossing back across the hub we decided to take some more photos of the little bronze statues, they are so cute.

Today, I’d noticed a facebook post with pictures of how busy Magic Kingdom was at the moment with pictures of massive crowds in front of the castle, an absolute nonsense as can be seen in these photos.

Ds and Dh were determined to do the Swiss Family Robinson tree house, I on the other had felt life was far too short for that and in the outside area at Skippers with a juice to wait for them. I can’t say they were impressed with this but did manage to take a couple of nice photos.

Since Ds was dressed for in his new T-shirt today we felt the need to do the Tiki Room, apologies to anyone else that was there as I do like to have a quiet sing a long in here.

After that it was time for our Thunder Mountain fastpass, a quick line, thankfully as it was absolutely roasting again. We had a fastpass afterwards for 7d but stopped off on the way for a wander round Momento Mori and as Ds was flagging with the heat, we decided to head to Pinocchios for a quick bite to eat and some all-important air conditioning.

We ended up ordering 2 quick service meals. I think because it’s so hot you don’t realise you are hungry till you are in the air conditioning.

We ordered a meat lovers flatbread with a Diet Coke.

In the line we decided we should just order 2 things so we also went for the chicken Parmesan sandwich with fries and a blue raspberry slushy.

The food was all nice enough. I didn’t like the slushy as it had some sort of sweet syrup in it as well.

Our final fastpass was 7d, by the time we were done we were suffering with the heat again so headed to Philharmagic, the whole move to the end of the row thing really annoys me, we were the people that moved right to the end, then some people behind us plonked their selves in the middle and others had to squeeze past them, yes its not as good in the end seats but it’s the luck of the draw.

Before we left, we saw some characters doing a wee competition at the Sword in the stone to see who could pull it out. It was really funny, there was this muscle guy who obviously failed miserably, followed by an old guy and then it was eventually pulled out by the kid, the cast members were so hilarious to listen to.

On the way out we nipped to Starbucks and picked up 2 mango dragon fruit refreshers and Dh had been fancying some fruit so I picked up a box of pineapple as well and used a quick service credit for all 3 things.

7d

Thankfully the wait for the bus was pretty quick and we managed to grab a quick nap before having to think about our evening plans.

Thunder and lightning outside woke us up, it was really loud. It was over before we headed out.

There were no times up for the Epcot bus, it had obviously swapped over with Hs for the not working bus times. The wait was only 10 minutes though so not too bad.

There was nothing we really wanted to do other than our dinner so we took some photos, ds enjoyed a wee bit posing by the Instagram wall.

We caught the boat across to Morocco to save a bit of walking. I love the Japan area it is so pretty. Ever since our first trip ds has been fascinated by the koi there.

It was nice to see a photopass person in the area.

We checked in for our dinner at Tokyo, we didn’t wait long to be seated.

We ordered the same drinks as at a Teppan Edo the other night.
Ds had a non alcoholic pina colada. Loved it.

I had a Japan Breeze again, just as good second time around.

Dh had a Kirin.

We decided to order the crispy calamari tempura to start. This was absolutely delicious.

Ds wanted to share with me so on the ddp you can order 2
Speciality rolls from the menu for your main so he ordered the spicy crunchy roll which was salmon and tuna and the crispy volcano roll. Both were nice enough but we ate yet to find one we like better than the firecracker roll at Cowfish.
Spicy crunchy roll - inside out roll. 8 pieces. Tuna and salmon mix, topped with tempura crunch, dynamite and volcano drizzle

Volcano roll - inside out roll. 8 pieces. California Roll topped with tuna, yellowtail, salmon, smelt roe, tempura crunch and spicy chili mayo

I ordered the Bento Box, I wouldn’t hesitate to get this again, somuch food but great to have a little bit of everything,
shrimp and vegetable tempura, NY sirloin steak with garlic ginger sauce, chicken teriyaki, tuna and salmon poke salad with sesame-ginger dressing and tuna, salmon, shrimp nigiri and vegetable roll.

Dh had the steak which he really enjoyed
Hand-cut Steak with Grated Daikon, Crispy Garlic, and Light Soy Sauce

I didn’t have a dessert as I was absolutely defeated by all this lovely food.
Ds had the green tea mousse cake which he enjoyed.

Dh had the mango mousse cake which he was happy with .

Lovely setting, lovely service and lovely food - definitely a hit for us!

The plan was to watch Illuminations and Dh asked for an ice cream from the French pavilion. He had white chocolate and coconut and loved it.

I also really wanted to try the frose from the French bakery.
frozen Cotes de Provence rose, vodka and peach.
It was lovely but I think I like the orange grey goose slushy better.

Dh wanted a beer and noticed a cheese plate. I suggested he just get both and use a quick service credit since we still have 5 million credits left so he did.

Lovely way to enjoy illuminations again.

We watched from down closer to the water, it was mosquito central though, I don’t think I’ve ever seen this area not cordoned off for some reason or another, although I don’t think I’d pick to watch there again.

We slowly wandered round to the exit and were back in POFQ by 10.20pm.

This strange but cute creature was on the wall of our building. We christened him Sullymander.

DH and I went back out to refill the mugs and we all nipped out to the pool for a quick 30 minute swim.

Day 17

Edited at 07:22 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Looks like another lovely day.

I had the meats and cheese in BOG as well and thought it was ace. I really enjoyed the cheese and I'm not usually a brie fan. I liked it so much, I spent ages looking to see which cheese they use when I got home but couldn't find out. I'll just have to ask next time

Looking forward to the next instalment
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Agreed, not sure what you were thinking with the early start after the day before! You must have been absolutely shattered, I think I'd have sacked it off. Still it was a lovely day in MK. Weird about the massive crowds Facebook post when clearly there weren't. Hope you get to have a lie in tomorrow.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I don't know how you managed this morning after the epic day yesterday!

Wow those scores on Buzz are amazing ... please tell you secret

I think we must try Tiki Room this year.

Another fab day X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

You must have been so tired this morning after your busy day and late night yesterday. The breakfast at BOG looks nice, I do like the look of the pastries. Some lovely photos around MK as well, I agree the bronze statues are so cute.

Sounds like you really enjoyed your evening meal. Unfortunately, I don't like fish so I can't really comment as it just looked like an awful lot of different kinds of fish to me I will say the desserts look delicious though.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Sorry, I don't know how I missed no replying to your lovely comments.

Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
Looks like another lovely day.

I had the meats and cheese in BOG as well and thought it was ace. I really enjoyed the cheese and I'm not usually a brie fan. I liked it so much, I spent ages looking to see which cheese they use when I got home but couldn't find out. I'll just have to ask next time

Looking forward to the next instalment
Thanks.

I really like the meats and cheeses there, there isn't really anything else I'd particulary want. The Brie is nice and smooth, creamy and not too strong, just perfect.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Agreed, not sure what you were thinking with the early start after the day before! You must have been absolutely shattered, I think I'd have sacked it off. Still it was a lovely day in MK. Weird about the massive crowds Facebook post when clearly there weren't. Hope you get to have a lie in tomorrow.
It was stupid planning at it's best

If we hadn't had an adr we'd have stayed in bed, it all worked out well though.
Old 13 Oct 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I don't know how you managed this morning after the epic day yesterday!

Wow those scores on Buzz are amazing ... please tell you secret

I think we must try Tiki Room this year.

Another fab day X
Sorry I hadn't seen your reply. We were exhausted but you soon wake up once you are on the go.

Ds knows lots of Buzz secrets, there is stuff around the volcano, the jack in the box things and the creatures that go round and round are all decent scores I think.

The big robototic looking thing that Zurg is in I think is decent as well.

DH often talks about something up high on the left hand side, but I've no clue what he is talking about

Have you never done the Tiki Room? It's twee and fabulous.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
You must have been so tired this morning after your busy day and late night yesterday. The breakfast at BOG looks nice, I do like the look of the pastries. Some lovely photos around MK as well, I agree the bronze statues are so cute.

Sounds like you really enjoyed your evening meal. Unfortunately, I don't like fish so I can't really comment as it just looked like an awful lot of different kinds of fish to me I will say the desserts look delicious though.
Thanks, over planned again BOG breakfast is pretty nice, I'd only do it on the dining plan though, $28 is very steep, the pastries are nice enough but the chocolate looking one is actually bran...

If you are not a fish fan, our dinner definately wasn't for you Lots of other nice things on the Tokyo menu though.
Old 13 Oct 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a feeling Mr Grump will be looking on YouTube for hints and tips before we go back

I know we haven't done muppets either but to be fair technically we have only had 15 days at Disney so definitely squeezing them in this time. We haven't done jungle cruise either 🙈 x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

You did really well to get up for breakfast at BOG I think I would have been wiped out after yesterday. Another lovely day, I hope you have a more relaxed day planned for tomorrow!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I have a feeling Mr Grump will be looking on YouTube for hints and tips before we go back

I know we haven't done muppets either but to be fair technically we have only had 15 days at Disney so definitely squeezing them in this time. We haven't done jungle cruise either 🙈 x
Ds is always researching how to improve his score on Buzz and MIB.

I like the Muppets, funny and a welcome air conditioned break, although a little dated. Jungle Cruise is a bit marmite I think, we didn't like it the first time but it grew on us. It will be interesting to see what you think.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
You did really well to get up for breakfast at BOG I think I would have been wiped out after yesterday. Another lovely day, I hope you have a more relaxed day planned for tomorrow!
We were shattered and it was bad planning on my part but it worked out ok in the end, the tiredness fair caught up with us all the next day.