Old 29 Sep 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The PB&J Tour - August 2019 - Day 21 - time for Home, final thoughts and my 40th

Index Here

Thursday 29th August

Sorry for the huge delay posting this. I'll be honest, not a lot happens today anyway, but I'm added it as an end to my trip report!

I think after I posted our 4 park challenge day, I've had my birthday and then on the same day Thomas Cook went bust and it was all so sad, I didn't really feel like adding the final bit to my report - BUT, I want it to go in my blurb book of the trip, so here it is!

We were up eary, we were picked up at 8.30am by Kevin and Peter who owns the company came too, it was lovely to see him again, even after all this time.

At check in, one of the cases was slightly over, so with a bit of jiggery pokery, we were good to go, phew! I'm not leaving anything behind!

Breakfast was the outback!

And I got my bloomin onion after all!

I barely made a dent in it, but I was so pleased to have got one this trip.

Boarded and took off with no issues or delays

Landed at Boston and had a 5 hour layover (I think) notes have well gone by now. I remember it being okay, despite is being hometime it didn't feel like forever.

Fueled with food and drink we were fine. I had my favourite Pumpkin Spice latte, I bhad hoped to bring a load of instant scahets home with me but couldn't find any in the shops.

Would you believe though, Boston airport were selling them (at airport prices too!) so I just bought 2 boxes to bring home with me.

On the final flight home we were sat together as 4 again. I watched a few things this time, one of them being a true crime documentary called Killing for Love.

I am obsessed with true crime programmes/films/documentaries and I wasn't familiar with this case which surprised me but I was also pleased to find something I hadn't seen before. Very interesting indeed!

We landed in Heathrow, I bought our tickets for the express again and we had open return train tickets up to Liverpool.

Then it was a taxi from Liverpool home. It was a long tough journey, no sleep, exhaustion and sadness does not a good combination make. at all.

but we did it. It was lovely to be home, see grandparents, Brandon and our furbabies! and of course I had one of these, just to keep me on FLorida time a bit longer!

Finall thoughts

Chris said to me a few times, I'm sorry we didn't get to do everything you wanted to do...

but you know what, I said to him at the time, there's a huge amount we did do and I've loved every second of it. And writing this report has made me realise just how much we acheived which was just wonderful.

Especially when I think, we left in the days before Dorian was due to hit. There was lots of uncertainty for everyone. Then the the whole Thomas cook thing happened which was devestating.

I think when you take so long to plan a big holiday like this, as many of us do, there's a danger that too much expection gets heaped on it, and you expect it to be this perfect representation of everything planned (I know I do at times)

but realisically it's life. and things happen and you have to take it in your stride and enjoy everything.

For us, the sick bug, at the time I remember thinking it's ruining the holiday, but of course it wasn't and it didn't. It wasn't nice for any of us, more so the poor sods that were ill. But we made the best of it, caught up on what people had missed and made sure that everyone had done something they absolutely wanted to do.

We were lucky enough to not have our holiday impacted by Dorian, the BA strikes and TC (I know Brandon flew with them but at least he made it out to us)

Others were not so lucky, which is such a shame when I know just how much planning and excitement goes into these trips for me and I said to Chris we (the royal we again, I really mean I) need to really appreciate our wonderful holiday and not get hung up on the little things I didn;t get to do...there's always next time right!

We know so many affected by TC, family and friends that had weddings booked abroad, friends that worked in the travel agents, juust completely devastating for everyone.

The Florida trip was also for my 40th, which was a week ago now.
Chris and I stayed in the Hard Days Night hotel where we got married. We do that every Septemeber anyway on our anniversary, which is the 3rd September. We just moved it slightly this year to the end of September for my birthday as well.

We had a wonderful time, as we do every year. I was spolit rotten with tons of Disney stuff (of course!)

Brandon is off at University now, he's been there 2 weeks, loving it so much he hasn't been home yet (coming from the boy who before he'd even gone he was coming home every weekend )

I don't get many txts off him, and when I do they are normally one liners but I got a lovely txt on my birthday and he sent me a present in the post, an Ariel Funko Pop, I was over the moon, think that was the first time I shed a tear since he's been gone.

Already Uni is making him so much more independant which is what I had hoped for him.

My card off my work colleagues, they know me well!

I had a wonderful holiday and a wonderful 40th. Brandon is loving University and the girls are thriving in school. 2019 has been good to us so far.

Thank you so much to everyone that has read my report, I really appreciate it. Thanks to those that have commented, I know I haven't always replied to every single comment, but I truly am thankful to you for taking the time to read and comment.

Our next trip is likely to be in another 4 or 5 years again (Jess 18th - they grow up so quickly! )

I'm going to do my best to not disappear off the Dibb like I usually do because there is no trip planned. I love it on here and I can still plan for a trip that is 5 years away - of course I can!

Thanks again everyone

Colette

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Aw, lovely holiday trip report, I’m sad it’s over.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymum
Excited about Disney

Loved reading your trippie. Thanks so much for sharing x
2007 - villa Southern Dunes
2008 - villa Oak Island Cove 2016 - Last minute Bahama Bay
disneymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Really enjoyed your trippie. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Belated Happy Birthday wishes too. xx

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoyed your report, thanks for doing it.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you very much for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along. And a belated happy 40th birthday

Joan
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyshakeygal
New Poster (4)

So sad it’s over, but loved every minute of it!
disneyshakeygal is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

Loved your report, thanks for sharing
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Fantastic trip report,loved it 😃😃😃
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great trip report. Thanks for sharing.