Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Mar 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
estowife
Excited about Disney

Plus size problems ...

Embarrasing question really

Currently not proud of the fact that I am the biggest I have ever been, wearing a size 22 clothes.

I carry the majority of my weight around my bum, hips & legs (all huge!)

I was wondering if anybody in a simliar situation had experienced problems fitting into ride seats, are there rides that just have to be avoided

1998, 2000 & 2003 - Our "Big Yellow House" Buena Ventura Lakes
2013 - Thomas Cook Villa - garbage!
2019 - The lovely Aylesbury Villa - Davenport
2023 - Sunsets at Sanctuary - West Haven A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
estowife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

When we went in 2010 my SIL was a uk Size 28 and fitted into most things - finding only a few things uncomfortable.
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think from reading previous threads most rides have been fine for plus sized guests.

However I have read people have had problems with Flights of Passage at Pandora in AK and the Harry Potter rides at universal.

Most rides have test seats outside so you can see if the seat will work for you before you enter the ride queue and I think this is a great idea as I wouldn’t like the idea of waiting to test the seat when getting on the ride on front of a queue of strangers personally.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This link takes you to Mrs Pumpkin’s very detailed trip reports which may help you.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...highlight=Plus
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Also check out Pammie Plus Parks on youtube she gives detailed accounts of any problems and possible issues on the rides in the parks

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

I am a size 22, and 5"2. I carry my weight, well everywhere lol.

I have no problem with any Disney rides including FOP, however I do have a few issues on Universal, happy to provide more info if your going to Universal but def no problems in Disney

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post

I don’t think you will have issues anywhere in Disney. You might want to try out the test chairs at Hulk, Forbidden journey in universal. Although they do have a larger seat on the end, I had to be unhooked and swap with a larger lady just before we took off as I was in the modified seat.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

i'm a 22, and my calf 'muscles' are big... so i could not fit on FOP because of those. also 7DMT i squeeezed myself in, so much so my hips and thighs were sore after for a while.

other than that i was 'ok'. to be honest i am trying to slim down as even when i am an 18 i fit so much better!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am a size 22 and last year went on every ride I wanted to including FOP - twice! I dont have big calves so didn't have a problem, just had to get myself into a comfortable position as far forward as possible, and when I was locked in I relaxed and it was fine. The only ride I was uncomfortable on was ET at Universal as I felt quite squished, and ToT my bum was kind of going onto the next seat (luckily my dd was sat there).

Am hoping to shift a few stone before we go in October.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Op can you let me know cos I’ll be going after you and I worry about this too. Managed to lose 23lbs since booking but I am still big so it definitely makes me thinks. Can’t be of any help as I’m sure I wasn’t this big when we last went 10yrs ago
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List