Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jun 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Avoiding parking charges...

Does anyone try and do this

i.e. Park at DS and get a bus to a resort i.e. Contemporary and walk to the parks?

Or for Epcot and HS - Park at the golf and walk through S&D to get to the boardwalk?

Just wondered how feasible and if it was exceptionally time consuming?
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

to be honest i could not think of anything worse, it will be hot, the buses from DS to resort then resort to park, could be up to 2 / 2.5 hours. i would rather factor in the $25 parking. i know it is a lot but if you break down how much the holiday has cost - it really is not worth 'wasting 4-5 hours each time you want to go to and from a park!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
The more people who do this, the more likely they they will start charging for parking at Disney Springs.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Nope, too time confusing, especially when you are leaving the parks. Also if you personally wanted a game of golf, you would be a bit miffed if you couldn't park for this reason!
This is the precise reason there are no direct buses from DS!
Just factor it into the price of your holiday or stay onsite or at a hotel with shuttles!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Obviously Disney discourage this as if they didn't then the DS car parks would be rammed by people parking up to avoid paying at the parks. Then the knock on effect is that people simply won't visit DS to spend more $$$ because they can't park.

Buses to the three monorail loop hotels and the S&D, Y&B and Boardwalk don't start running from DS until 11 am - intentionally for this reason.

If you want to arrive at the parks at midday and hang around at the end of the day waiting for a bus that isn't already packed to get back then it's an option.

Not for us.

Mick

Edited at 12:48 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

I think the buses to the monorail resorts don't start until 11am or there abouts.
Some people will park at DS and then walk to SSR. Won't be long before they introduce paid parking at DS IMHO.
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I think the buses to the monorail resorts don't start until 11am or there abouts.
Some people will park at DS and then walk to SSR. Won't be long before they introduce paid parking at DS IMHO.
I appreciate that paying might soon be a possibility if parking is abused more but I think that the "newish" high end retailers paying high end rents wouldn't be happy.

Wouldn't surprise me though if it does become a problem that they could introduce maybe 3 hours free parking then charge after that. This would allow people to eat and empty their wallets of more $$$ in the shops.

Mick
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Obvious way - use the WDW transport!

It’s fine, it’s air conditioned and someone else is doing the work.

For anything complicated there is Uber, Lyft, Minnie Vans...
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

if you want to save some cash but save time.

Drive to DS and park up close as possible to the UBER pick up points.

Get an UBER from DS to the park of your choice. - approx $10.

Then get the direct bus from the parks to Disney Springs from 4pm.

Of course - people all have their own opinions on what suits them.

I may add the above does not appeal to me
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

As a matter of interest what time do the boats from DS to the hotels start running?