Notices

Old 27 May 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Greek Island Hopping

So after a long time in the planning it's nearly time to go.
Greek island hopping has been on my bucket list for years. I have a huge birthday later in the year so one to celebrate. My kids are older and no longer want to travel with me😆 I met my friend Tracey coming up for 29 years ago oddly enough on a holiday to Greece. Her and her then new hubby were in the same hotel as myself and my ex husband. Long and short we ended up on a Greek night together got chatting they knew some of my family and lived very close to us. We've been firm friends since. We've camped together and spent two weeks in Florida together. So when I mentioned my dream of Greek island hopping like a true friend she said I'm in! 😆
We stay overnight in a holiday inn somewhere near Heathrow.
Flying BA to Athens, new experience for me never flown BA. We have a private taxi transfer booked to Piraeus for an overnight stop. I've been before so I know Piraeus is not much of a looker. Ferry the next morning to Mykonos for 2 nights. A trip to the beach and taverna they filmed Shirley valentine a must. Ferry on to Naxos for 4 nights. I had this booked but the agent cancelled the booking so we are going to book when we get there. It's common for Greek ferries not to run apparently. Last leg then on to Santorini for the last 3 nights. We've opted for cheaper Perissa here and the like of Oia & Fira were so expensive. We fly home from Santorini. We are both stupidly excited.

Edited at 06:10 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Sounds really nice. I think we've chatted on here before about our love of Greece. I've not been to any of these places, so it will be interesting to hear your post trip thoughts.

Hope you have a great time on your travels. Your user name is very appropriate.

Old 27 May 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

I fell in love with Greece on that first trip to Kos all those years ago. My Dads currently in Lesvos for a month. I've never been to any of those before apart from Athens. Takes a lot to beat Greece x
Old 18 Jun 19, 05:02 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
So we're here! Will post a quick update as I go. Parked and stayed at holiday Inn Heathrow. Rooms were dated and stunk of smoke. Despite that slept well and got up very early for our BA flight to Athens. Landed about 20 mins late no sign of our Town Transfers pick up. I pre booked this for €44. With hindsight I think we would have been better just jumping in a taxi. 2 hours later he turned up very apologetic. Transfer to Piraeus took about 50mins. Stayed at the Lilia Hotel for €58 for the two of us with continental breakafast. Clean comfy fairly dated but really friendly owners. Great location to island hop from.

We collected our tickets from the ticket booth last night which was a 10 min walk.
Now sat on the blue star ferry Nissos Mykonos waiting to depart for Mykonos. Booked online for €29 each. Leaves at 7.15 get in at 11.35 free hotel collection from the port on arrival.

Edited at 06:40 AM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Sounds like a great holiday, we're off to Zante tomorrow,I never really fancied Greece,but fell in love with it last year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List