Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Aug 19, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We were in HS the other day when the big storm hit. We went to backlot and ordered 3 qs meals on mobile, 2 for us and one for the kids to share. I ordered 3 alcoholic drinks. On collecting the food there was only 2 drinks and they asked for id. I stopped bringing my wallet early on in the trip as I never need it and I certainly don't take my passport out with me. The girl went to speak to a manager when I realised I had scanned all our passports and saved them on my phone. Oddly she would only let me have 2 drinks and my wife had to go back for the 3rd. She said only 2 alcoholic drinks per id. Also on her receipt only 2 drinks were listed, so I had to show her the order on my phone to prove I'd ordered 3. This is the only time I've been asked.

Tbf I can't complain. I've been to New York and Vegas and they don't mess around. One chap in our party was refused entry to an ice bar in Vegas without Id and he was in his late 50's. The best part is he doesn't drink. We had to go back another day when my wife forgot Id. Thankfully the bartender recognised us. In NY my wife and I had to head back to our hotel for Id after being refused entry to a bar just over the road.

Edited at 03:45 AM.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldcoast View Post
I've not been asked once, even when buying alcohol in walmart or getting free beer in Sea World 😋
Me neither.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Never asked for ID when buying beer, been traveling to WDW since 1991. I was asked for ID to get in somewhere at Pleasure Island on my first trip when I was 20 (I had a good old international driving permit then, you put the DOB on it yourself it was a piece of cardboard!)
Old 29 Aug 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
I was refused alcohol in TGI Fridays on the 192 on my 40th birthday as I forgot my Id,but I have never been asked in Disney!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I've never been asked for ID at Disney (that includes parks, water parks, Disney Springs and various resorts bars/restaurants). That said, I carry a photocopy of my passport just in case.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Starky
Dancing with Tink'

I'm in the same boat as you. Mind you I was there 3 years ago and never got asked for id.
There is a photo id called a Citizen Card, its £30 for 2 day delivery and has to be verified by a professional.
I'm away in 2 weeks and thinking I should get one.
Its nice to have a wee beer on holiday.
Starky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish View Post
Oddly she would only let me have 2 drinks and my wife had to go back for the 3rd. She said only 2 alcoholic drinks per id.
So Disney has an additional alcohol rule - two drinks per person so you can't be given 3 even though there is a second person they need to collect the third - does that make sense? I don't think Universal have the same issue but Disney definitely do. I've had it before where I've had to call my Dad over to take his drink and me take mine and my Mums
Old 29 Aug 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have just come back for my daughters 21st celebration trip. She usually just took her passport or her driving licence with a copy of her passport on her phone. Strangely, table service always asked for id, and quick service seemed to ask about half of the time. The nomad lounge at AK was a wonderful new experience for us!
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So Disney has an additional alcohol rule - two drinks per person so you can't be given 3 even though there is a second person they need to collect the third - does that make sense? I don't think Universal have the same issue but Disney definitely do. I've had it before where I've had to call my Dad over to take his drink and me take mine and my Mums
I'm sure we've ordered 3 drinks previously and not had an issue. It was just this particular occasion the server was being super awkward. It may be a rule that's not generally enforced, or she could have just been wrong.

Another great rule is wallmart refusing to swap alcohol after 24 hours has elapsed. I bought 2 12pk of corona bottles. I then realised I can't have glass around the pool, so took one unopened pack back to exchange for cans, which were the same price. They weren't having any of it. I just bought some plastic cups. At least I get some extra exercise and the beer is nice and cold.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Universal is actually worse, 1 drink per I. D only. They have to see the second person before they will give out the second drink.

Disney used to take UK driving licences, but some CM's were getting confused with the DOB and the flip in day and month and the fact its not always clear so they changed to taking the licence along with a copy or photo of a passport.