Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Refillable cup in Disney Parks

Not sure if it's been asked before but why don't Disney do the Refillable cup in the parks like Universal do?

We thought it was great on our recent trip
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

I guess it because people would take advantage and cost? I use to see this at onsite Hotels where guests would fill up any containers and this was stopped by chipped cups that where time limited.
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Given they offer them at both the water parks and in hotels, I guess it doesn't stack up financially at the main parks.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Because clearly they make more off drink sales in parks than they believe they would if they offered refillable mugs.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Fact is that Disney do offer refillable drinks for free in the parks.
It even has a really fancy name that you have to ask for. Its called 'Ice Water'

If you say the secret phrase, 'Please could I have some ice water', then the cast member will hand over the special drink. Yummy.

It looks like water, it tastes like water, it even smells like water.

Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 02:07 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
It even has a really fancy name that you have to ask for. Its called 'Ice Water'

If you say the secret phrase, 'Please could I have some ice water', then the cast member will hand over the special drink. Yummy.

Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

If i'd wanted to know about water at parks then maybe, just maybe, i would have asked about water?!

Goodness, after all these years going we never knew about it Disney certainly caught us out there hey

All those thirsty days and all we had to do was ask

I have asked quite a simple question about the refillable mugs that Universal do in the parks and me wondering why Disney don't do it. Can't really ask it any simpler tbh but some people hey
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I tried that recently at many locations across the parks. I would say around 70% said go elsewhere to get it. Occasionally there was a help yourself area or they were stacked up ready at mobile ordering points, otherwise you had to queue to order (and frequently be told they didn't do it) and on the whole it was a faff.

Refillable cups and stations would be much easier.

Saying that we had around 75 unused snack credits at the end of our trip, so we should have just used those. I now have more goofy candy than I can eat before the expiration data.

Edited at 03:05 PM.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish View Post
I tried that recently at many locations across the parks. I would say around 70% said go elsewhere to get it. Occasionally there was a help yourself area or they were stacked up ready at mobile ordering points, otherwise you had to queue to order (and frequently be told they didn't do it) and on the whole it was a faff.

Refillable cups and stations would be much easier.

Saying that we had around 75 unused snack credits at the end of our trip, so we should have just used those. I now have more goofy candy than I can eat before the expiration data.
We did the free iced water at universal and sometimes had water at the stations u refill the bottle instead of powerade or pop etc. It wasn't too bad as very quiet esp with hurricane Dorian but can see it being a faff when busy and having to line up. Plus the cups are small so we always asked for 2 but hate the plastic waste so if our bottle thing was empty we would get that filled.

I was only asking as was curious why Disney don't do it at the main parks but do at the resorts and water parks.
I guessed it was costs but wondered if there was another reason?
Old 13 Sep 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

Animal Kingdom used to offer a souvenir refillable cup with animal toppers, but I guess there is more money to be made selling bottles and soda fountains
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List