Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Sep 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Ha good question! I read trump has just banned vaping so that’s out
Oh no! How are we going to manage without exhaling flavoured oil for two weeks! Only just bought in some cotton candy flavoured eliquid to send flumes of scented smoke out at every passer by!
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
If our youngsters cant hava drink whilst out there, whats the age limit on giving them a fag?!
18 but they are looking to increase it to 21.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

I remember reading a post where the DS was 19 and had a beer in the villa they were staying in. That night the boy went down with appendicitis and was rushed to hospital (nothing to do with the beer!) however, the first thing they do at the hospital is a blood test which included a check for alcohol. The parents were then interviewed by police for child neglect as they gave the boy the beer. Cant remember whether they got a caution or something else but I think this then counted against them the next time they applied for an ESTA.
Tinklebell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I have no issue with the strictness of the law, and certainly wont be letting my kids have a drink given they are both under 7. I didn't realize they took it so seriously if you even let a child touch an alcoholic drink. Thankfully at no point did I ask my son to "hold my beer". I also don't mind being ID'd, as long they will accept a photo on a phone (which thankfully they did), but there is no way my passport is going anywhere other than the safe for the duration of the trip.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish View Post
I have no issue with the strictness of the law, and certainly wont be letting my kids have a drink given they are both under 7. I didn't realize they took it so seriously if you even let a child touch an alcoholic drink. Thankfully at no point did I ask my son to "hold my beer". I also don't mind being ID'd, as long they will accept a photo on a phone (which thankfully they did), but there is no way my passport is going anywhere other than the safe for the duration of the trip.
They’ll even call you out in Walmart if they try to carry a shopping bag with alcohol in.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Flubber
Very Serious Dibber

MY DS is 20 when we visit next year, I told him he can’t drink alcohol, he just said not a problem, if your under 21 and want a drink don’t go to the USA. Simples 🍺🍷🍹
Rosen inn/Royal Pacific/Old Key West July 2014/ Caribbean Beach July 2016/Coronado springs June 2022

Edited at 04:56 PM.
Flubber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I would also be careful as to what alcohol she drinks on the flight
If the immigration officer suspects that she has been drinking on the flight or smells of alcohol I've heard of instances where the person has been refused admission to the USA
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

The last time I was id’d in the us was when I was 21, im now 36 and didn’t get id’d at all in Disney or any restaurant or wall mart. Likewise didn’t get id’d in New York in April and we drank a lot! I think it depends on who serves you and what you are doing
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
I would also be careful as to what alcohol she drinks on the flight
If the immigration officer suspects that she has been drinking on the flight or smells of alcohol I've heard of instances where the person has been refused admission to the USA
Why? They haven't broken any laws.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Eight of us went to Vegas a couple of years ago and the youngest person in our group had forgotten to take her ID out with her that day. She was refused entry into a bar - without ID she couldn’t even go in, yet she might have wanted to drink Diet Coke for all the door staff knew. She was 35 at the time!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List