Old 6 Oct 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you book it you will go. Sept 2019. Day 4 Pool, DS & AK

Today is a bit of a shorter report. The dining report is here.

A lazier start planned today with an evening in AK. We had a long lie until about 5.30am and had a muffin & coffee, watched TV, surfed the internet and generally lay about chatting about next years trip, how many credits we’d used and whether we should cancel Liberty Tree Tavern. We decided yes. We then got ready for a couple of the hours at the pool. We decided to go to El Mercado de Coronado for breakfast first, Marie had waffles and I had French toast.

We spent a couple of hours at the Casitas pool until it started to get really hot then headed back to the room to get showered and dressed.

It was nice to go at this time when it was a bit cooler and quieter.

Lunch was planned at DS to have some poutine at the Daily Poutine. Marie got the Classic and I got French. This is really filling.

We had a look round the old Marketplace part of DS and both bought a Star Wars t-shirt.

After a proper look in the shops we were ready for ice cream so went to Ghirardelli. I got 2 scoops of butter pecan in a waffle bowl and Marie got a strawberry milkshake.

It was so hot today we went back to the room to chill for a bit as we had an evening in AK planned and didn’t want to feel like we couldn’t go. As we were getting into the habit of we watched Special Victims Unit.

We headed to AK about 4ish and it took 10 minutes, most of that waiting at the traffic lights at the resort exit.

We went straight to FoP for our FP and then to Everest for the next as it was time. I had left a gap in between FP for dinner. This was originally the Restaurantosaurus Burgers and Sundaes deal but we changed our mind and cancelled the booking. Instead we used the Landry card to get a table at Yak & Yeti. We were seated quickly again.

After dinner it was time for our safari FP. We waited about 20 minutes although the standby line was 10 minutes. I think there had probably been an animal on the road which seemed to hold it up a lot this trip.

More animals.

We were really tired today, probably because it was day 4 and it was really hot so we left after the safari. On the way back we popped into Panchitos, the resort shop to collect our droids, grabbed some coffee in our mugs and settled in the room watching Raiders of the Lost Ark and eating pie.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Sounds like you were a bit tired, but a lovely evening watching Raiders and eating pie sounds perfect to me!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Sounds like you were a bit tired, but a lovely evening watching Raiders and eating pie sounds perfect to me!
Sometimes that’s all you need to end the day .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I dunno about you but I sometimes find pool mornings more tiring than park ones! Another lovely day and I like that your taking it at your own pace xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I dunno about you but I sometimes find pool mornings more tiring than park ones! Another lovely day and I like that your taking it at your own pace xx
We can never manage more than a couple of hours at the pool between the heat and boredom!

Trip Report Index
Old 13 Oct 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Nice to get some chill out time by the pool today. And a good, if short, stint at AK to finish the day. It's good that you're just taking it all at your own pace. I forgot to say on yesterday's report that your resort looks really lovely.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Nice to get some chill out time by the pool today. And a good, if short, stint at AK to finish the day. It's good that you're just taking it all at your own pace. I forgot to say on yesterday's report that your resort looks really lovely.
Yes CSR is a lovely resort. Lots of little fountains and gardens.

Trip Report Index
Old 20 Dec 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I love days like today. Some people spent their whole holiday rushing in and out of their resort, and don't get the chance to enjoy the facilities. On a boiling hot day, some pool time in the morning and a park in the evening works perfectly.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
I love days like today. Some people spent their whole holiday rushing in and out of their resort, and don't get the chance to enjoy the facilities. On a boiling hot day, some pool time in the morning and a park in the evening works perfectly.
Yes it was good to chill.

Trip Report Index