Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Nov 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh no, how frustrating. I'm always careful to pack some underwear and bits and bobs in the hand luggage on the way out, but I never think to do it on the way home! Now I will! Like others have said, lovely that you got a bonus Longhorns visit in, but a shame about the reason.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh Lynda what a nightmare but Hoorah for the lady at the hotel reception helping you get sorted out. Glad the meal at Longhorns at least meant a better end to a bad (non) travel day.
Sounds like you handled it really well. It’s so easy to get worked up but as you say, nothing you can do really but get on with it .
Well, fingers crossed you are on your way tomorrow !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
What a lousy travel day home hope you soon get off

Joan
Thank you Joan

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
What a pain but sounds like you made the best of it with a bonus longhorn meal.
It was a good excuse for an extra meal out

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
What a rubbish day! But you definitely sound like you have the right attitude and made the most of it!
We decided to make the most of it and enjoy the evening. And we did! It was our best meal out of the holiday

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Poor you, not a great end to the holiday, but you did so well to turn it into a positive and enjoy the last evening. How nice of the receptionist to supply you with the basics needed, it’s those little acts of kindness that make me very happy. I do hope your actual travel day goes smoothly
The receptionist at the Hyatt was so lovely. We felt so much better just knowing that we could clean our teeth! We really enjoyed the evening

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MarionG View Post
At least you made the best of the situation, I would have been panicking (not that it would have helped). Hoping it all resolves itself tomorrow.
I can't believe how calm I was, I'm normally a panicker! Thank you

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
You've the right attitude. Delays happen , no point in getting stressed just get on with it.
We had a flight cancelled this year, in some ways it was worse as it wasn't our flight but our kids and my husband's grandkids flight.
My husband got really stressed , kept suggesting I went to the airport to sort it out ... or left it til the morning to sort as the wait time to rebook was so long. I just ignored him and got them rebooked for early the next morning ... but I could have cheerfully strangled him with his "helpful" suggestions . Go away and let me ( the experienced long haul traveller and ex travel agent) sort it ! LOL
Longhorns sounded like a great choice , good thing he liked the mac and cheese though ... and yes would have been rude not to drink all that drink
Hope the next day went better for you.
Luggage usually catches up eventually !
Aw, that's a shame your family were delayed. It sounds like your husband was stressing about it, while you were going about the best way to fix it!

Stamping our feet and shaking our fists would have got us nowhere. Best way we've found is to stay calm and polite and ask the right questions to get a resolution.

We had such a lovely evening in the end... and the luggage did catch up, 4 days later.

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
What a nightmare. A little bit of snow and everything grinds to a halt! Well done you pair for making the best of it and enjoying another night out at Longhorns. Couldn't think of a better place to be considering the circumstances. Hopefully you are safely home by now.
I'm not sure how bad it actually was in New York, but it was certainly having an impact!

Thank you, it was our best meal and we had a great evening. We got home safely in the end

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
What a nuisance! At least longhorn redeemed itself with a good meal! You definitely deserved that drink!
Longhorn certainly did redeem themselves, back to their usual standard in this branch. Yes, I thought I deserved it

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
What an absolute nightmare. Once you're on your way to the airport you are just ready to be home and any delay is sickening.

I didn't realise that if you were delayed due to weather the airline has no obligation to arrange accommodation for you, it makes sense of course, but I'd never thought of it.
You're right, by the time you're at the airport, the mindset has changed from holiday to home mode.

It was a surprise to us too, but now we know!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh no, how frustrating. I'm always careful to pack some underwear and bits and bobs in the hand luggage on the way out, but I never think to do it on the way home! Now I will! Like others have said, lovely that you got a bonus Longhorns visit in, but a shame about the reason.
I never pack any spare clothes in my hand luggage but I think I'll have to start doing so. Lesson learned I'm glad we had such a nice evening, everything else didn't seem so bad after the margarita!

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Oh Lynda what a nightmare but Hoorah for the lady at the hotel reception helping you get sorted out. Glad the meal at Longhorns at least meant a better end to a bad (non) travel day.
Sounds like you handled it really well. It’s so easy to get worked up but as you say, nothing you can do really but get on with it .
Well, fingers crossed you are on your way tomorrow !
The lady at the hotel was great. That small act of kindness made us feel so much better. There was nothing we could do, and I'm so glad it all worked out for a good evening.

I believe you're having a bit of a travel nightmare yourself... I hope it all gets sorted for you really soon. Safe travels home Amanda

Old 9 Oct 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Why does everything always seem to go wrong when you your in a rush, at least the manager apologised.

Phew that they overlooked those couple of extra lbs on the case.

at the security officer, I actually laughed out loud at that, Mr Grump looked at me funny haha.

Oh no, that delay sounds awful ... although not as horrible as that cabin crew ... manners cost nothing!

Just read on and seen it was completely cancelled ... can I please have some of your composure, I'd have been a sobbing mess by then. Great idea to check hotels.com and the hotel looks good enough for 1 night.

So happy you managed to get underwear and make up close by but I'm even happier (if slightly jealous) that you managed to squeeze Longhorns in too

I noticed there isn't another day in the Index so I really hope you managed to get home the following day.

Thank you so much for the trip report it takes a lot of time and commitment. I'm looking forward to reading the new one Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Why does everything always seem to go wrong when you your in a rush, at least the manager apologised.

Phew that they overlooked those couple of extra lbs on the case.

at the security officer, I actually laughed out loud at that, Mr Grump looked at me funny haha.

Oh no, that delay sounds awful ... although not as horrible as that cabin crew ... manners cost nothing!

Just read on and seen it was completely cancelled ... can I please have some of your composure, I'd have been a sobbing mess by then. Great idea to check hotels.com and the hotel looks good enough for 1 night.

So happy you managed to get underwear and make up close by but I'm even happier (if slightly jealous) that you managed to squeeze Longhorns in too

I noticed there isn't another day in the Index so I really hope you managed to get home the following day.

Thank you so much for the trip report it takes a lot of time and commitment. I'm looking forward to reading the new one Xx
We needn’t have been worried about getting to the airport on time in the end, turns out we had all day!

It’s so nice when you get a security officer with a sense of humour, makes all the difference 😁.

There really was no point in getting upset about the cancellation, although of course we were worried we would have to spend the night in the airport. We were so glad to get the hotel booked, and as you say it was fine for one night. Longhorns was fab, we had such a good evening in the end.

Whoops! I must have forgotten to add the last day to the index. I’ve done it now 😳x