Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 27 Dec 18, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

I bought a boneless frozen turkey crown from Iceland this year.
It was lovely not dry at all and the best one we have had for a long time! I usually get one from Aldi and they have been nice also.
Old 27 Dec 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by prugone View Post
I find it amazing that in this day and age of cut throat competition that supermarkets are risking their customer base by declining standards and quality. Is it as a result of an upsurge in the likes of Lidl and Aldi which force other mainstream super markets into a headlong chase for cheaper products and consequent poorer quality to try and compete? Will the ultimate consequence be a high street consisting purely of Aldi and Lidl supermarkets and Amazon 'pick up points'?
It's about margins... if some of these supermarkets lowered their margin expectation then they can improve the quality at the right retail price. Aldi and Lidl more often than not operate on 20/25%... the others 40%...
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
I bought a boneless frozen turkey crown from Iceland this year.
It was lovely not dry at all and the best one we have had for a long time! I usually get one from Aldi and they have been nice also.
Glad yours turned out well. Be interested to know if you cooked it as per the instructions - ie from frozen and in the "oven-ready paper wrap"?

So I contacted Iceland customer care line today and I am satisfied with how my complaint was handled. I was able to tell them the store and approx date I bought it and they could confirm this from my Bonus Card account. Just asked for a few numbers and codes from the packaging I had kept. Apologised profusely and said how disappointed they were to hear my experience especially as this was expected to have been one of their most successful products this year. Offered immediate refund, unfortunately could only credit this to my Bonus Card as company policy not to take customers' bank details apparently! I wasn't going to argue or demand compensation for my "distress". I shall just be voting with my wallet and shopping elsewhere in future, after I've used up my credit buying milk and bread for the next few weeks!

Hope anyone else who had a turkey disaster has been successful with their complaints.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We get a turkey crown from Sainsburys every year and never had a bad one yet, ours is gone not a scrap left. Food needs to be at least edible and you should get compensation for a ruined lunch!
Old 31 Dec 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skb 123 View Post
Glad yours turned out well. Be interested to know if you cooked it as per the instructions - ie from frozen and in the "oven-ready paper wrap"?
Mine was wrapped in the usual plastic wrapper, I defrosted it then stuck it in the baking tray with root veg on the bottom and around half a pint of water, then tin foil over.