Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 27 Dec 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by wozza View Post
It did yes! Kids happy and tasty dinner. Feeling very lucky ❤️
That’s lovely x

DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

After a shaky start (DS (10) fell into the Xmas tree, DS (15) dropped the trifle on the kitchen floor and I dropped an egg on the kitchen floor) 😂 it was okay, despite me being in pain with an infected wisdom tooth most of the day 😫 luckily we spent it at MIL so I didn’t have to cook 😊
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Ours was perfect. Dad came round at 12, my 2 loved their pressies.Brother had both daughter this Christmas (2 mums) 1st time that has happened for a few years so Dad was made up. He's in his 80s so it meant a lot.
Food went perfectly, everyone was well fed and happy.
My eldest brother is in Singapore on holiday, so would have been better than perfect if he and his daughter and granddaughter could have been here but i still loved spending time with family that where here.
Ohana ❤
dubletrub is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mine went better than expected considering the build up - on the 22nd my mum was at the hospital as she had a nasty fall and cut all her head then early hours of Christmas eve morning my son was up there as he had a bad seizure (first one). So not much sleep had in build up. Thankfully everyone seems fine now , we all went to my mums where I cooked and we enjoyed our day. Certainly grateful for our NHS and all its staff this Christmas.
Old 27 Dec 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Ours was a bit up and down. The Florida 9 were together here for a buffet Christmas eve. Son and dil had travelled from Cambridge after work. Lovely evening. Christmas morning woke up with the sniffles. Brother in law was an hour late arriving Christmas day so we had a later than normal dinner. After which I felt completely shattered so everyone helped themselves to supper.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Ours was lovely but not how we’d usually do it. We haven’t been away from home for years on the day itself.
This year we went to OH’s parents.
We always invite them to us but they have dogs which can’t be left for more than 10 seconds.
They’re so hospitable and it was lovely spending time together but I really don’t think you can beat being in your own home for Christmas.

Plus OH wasn’t happy with the turkey 🤣
Had to do the whole thing again yesterday at home to appease him. For £4.25 for a huge crown, I really didn’t mind in the slightest 😆

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ours went as planned, we knew it would be quiet as we'd had a big family weekend earlier, so it was just DH, DD, my dad and I. DD was off work Xmas Eve so I did my prep during the morning and she came round and we went to see Mary Poppins - fab, then home for a buffet supper, a few drinks and TV. (DD stayed at our house for a few nights and went to work Boxing day and today from here.)
We had a really relaxing Xmas morning with snowballs, lots of really nice presents, phone calls from DS and my sister, and champagne. The kids next door popped in for their gifts and my dad came just after mid day. We ate at 1.30 ish, and settled down to watch Jungle Book, then Strictly for me while DH and dad checked out his new fishing rod! drank some more fizz, lots of snacking and a very lazy evening - a bit of TV and looking through new books. Quiet but nice.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 02:05 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Lovely family Christmas, all went to plan but over all too quickly as always.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

We plan our days but not by time. We wake up whenever (it just happened to be 06:15) and go to visit family whenever, then eat whenever it’s ready! So in that respect it went to plan!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

Ours seemed to go without a hitch this year which was nice!

Me and DH woke up at 8am ish wondering why it was so quiet - we just lay in bed for 15mins or so before we heard the first noise of someone getting up (DS2) which was swiftly followed by all 3 kids piling into our room to open their stockings Then it was down for the 'under the tree presents' - they took a bit of time opening everything and taking it all in and then late morning my parents arrived with more presents closely followed by my brother. Dinner had been prepped the night before so then turkey went in the oven, veg, stuffing etc cooked while the meat rested and we all had a lovely Christmas dinner together with lots of crackers and party poppers finished off with a board game. Can't believe its all over already!
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List