Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jun 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Our Son and his Partner are now in New York for 7 days.

They have a new build house that's only a year old just. He popped in on Monday to leave 2 towels for washing and asked us to check the house everyday which I will always do.

However he asked his Mother if she would clean the oven.

My God we are taking it in turns doing the rungs and drip tray etc. been going an hour so far and no end in sight!

Kids.

Is it just our two who are like this? Are we to blame?
Made me laugh - I’ve just been down at my daughter’s doing jobs! Mind you, she does have her hands full with twin babies.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Not alone we do things like this but oven cleaning no £60 for the man
For my double oven and £100 if he does ours and DILs any the same time
But I did pack up DS1 and DILs whole house when they were moving
And unpacked it other end
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I would never of asked this and I would have been firmly put in my place if I had asked. You need to nip it in the bud cos it will go on for years.

To me it’s an unacceptable request. But you May be enjoying yourself and if so crack on
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Move away from the oven.

Leave your son's home.

Take Mrs. Morrow for a lovely lunch.

Chill.

If the boy can afford to go to New York he can afford to pay for a company to clean his oven. Ot at least for his own brillo pads.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bentley
Trainee Dibber

My Dad would just laugh if I asked him to clean my oven... That being said, I wouldn't ask ...
Old 5 Jun 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not a job is even contemplate! Get the oven cleaning company out - they do a far better job than I ever could and get it looking like new again
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Cheeky so and so, I'd have told him you'll give him a list of chores to do in your house while you and DW are away. DH does a lot of diy jobs for DD but when it comes to household chores she does them herself.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
I would never of asked this and I would have been firmly put in my place if I had asked. You need to nip it in the bud cos it will go on for years.

To me it’s an unacceptable request. But you May be enjoying yourself and if so crack on
We are enjoying it!

It's my turn to do the next shelf. Strange oven, 3 shelves. Ours only has 2.

My next job is to put his rotary line in properly. It looks like the leaning tower of Pisa!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I wish someone would clean my oven, for my kids I wash and iron (if it absolutely needs ironing) their clothes, cook their dinner. Do a few jobs here and there for them, my dd 16 had her straightened and got me to curl it last night. I refuse it tidy there rooms as it’s up to them if they sleep in mess. I do banking for them if I’m going anyway and give them lots of advice, sometimes I give advice when they don’t want it!Would I clean their cookers if they had them, hell no!

Edited at 11:58 AM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would do it, my son works such long hours I feel sorry for him so I help him whenever I can, doing his ironing today to help

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List