Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 2 Sep 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
This is the most hilarious thing I have read on the dibb for ages, brilliant!

Is it wrong I am wondering if it is an actual product as I have decided in the last few days I am not hosting Christmas this year!?

Is it is a thing - would be great for the kids (grown up ) Xmas stockings 😊
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

I think its important to stick to your own traditions at Christmas.
We spend the day at home and have party food - we have a toddler and my priority is him on Christmas Day - spending time with him, playing with his new toys etc
We have an open house and anyone is welcome to call round and be fed and watered but theyll get whats on offer
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

We have traditions and it's part of who we are.
We always go to the cinema on Christmas eve
We usually have roast turkey on Christmas day , but one year we didn't do a traditional roast. We had decided as it was only 2 of us we would do something completely different and we looked forward to it... then my SIL invited herself and we told her she was welcome to come but we weren't having turkey and Christmas pudding.
She came and we all enjoyed it , but no way would we change what we wanted to do
Stick to your guns
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

I absolutely love a Xmas buffet, I prefer it to a traditional roast.

If it was me I would be jumping at the chance of coming to you for a buffet, so they sound very ungrateful.
Old 13 Sep 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Agreed with most people, stick to your traditions! They dont deserve to come round and dictate what youre doing when theyve invited themselves !
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
aud71
Excited about Disney

I can't believe that they invited themselves ! and then have the cheek to tell you to cook a roast !

I would tell them it's OUR Christmas ! and this is how we do it !

we do have a roast and MIL & FIL over every year ! it is so much work but it is our tradition
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We always do a buffet on Xmas day and we do curry, pasta, pies etc. It actually means more family come as we couldn't seat them all for a traditional dinner. Everyone can then go out Boxing Day for a proper roast if they want as places charge half the price for the same food that day! My MiL was the one that was more against this approach but the 1st year we did it she loved it but it was a rocky few months leading up to the day that year as she was a strong character.
It's your house, you didn't invite them and promise them anything so stick to your guns as others have said.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Have you sorted anything yet?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Im so annoyed for you!
I think a buffet is perfectly acceptable. If thats how you do Christmas, anyone else can like it or lump it!

Were so stubborn over Christmas in our house. We like it our way and we tend not to be flexible 😆

We caved in and went to OHs parents last year and whilst we had a lovely day, their kitchen, despite being twice the size of ours is truly unworkable!
Lunch was not to OHs satisfaction so we cooked it again on Boxing Day! (With a bargain 5 turkey 😉 )
Stick to your guns
Vanillapod is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I would be saying this is how it is, don't like it then don't come. Simple.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List