Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 14 Sep 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile Weekend before Christmas in Yorkshire ideas

I’m looking at what to do the weekend before Xmas with 2 kids (6+2). The last 2 years we’ve done a Santa train and I don’t want to do that this year. I looked at Alton towers but it’s £398! Does anyone know of anything in the north? I’m prepared to travel from Sheffield-looked at gullivers warrington but it gets mixed reviews and is still £250.

I know about stockeld park but read it’s really busy and again not worth the money. Anyone any ideas what we can do?! Doesn’t have to be overnight, doesn’t even need to be a Santa visit, just festive and suitable for the children.

Thanks!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Chatsworth House is amazing at Christmas. We go every year. The house is themed. Last year it was The Land of Make Believe ( Classic children's stories) the year before was Charles Dickens (My favourite) . The children will love it.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Cannon hall farm Barnsley?
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Cannon hall farm Barnsley?
Yes we do like cannon hall farm. We did their Easter thing a couple of years ago and enjoyed that. Is the Xmas thing good too?

vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Whitequeen View Post
Chatsworth House is amazing at Christmas. We go every year. The house is themed. Last year it was The Land of Make Believe ( Classic children's stories) the year before was Charles Dickens (My favourite) . The children will love it.
I’d love chatsworth, really up my Street, i’m not sure the kids would be entertained though, they are wild and I think i’d spend all the time saying don’t touch that, come here! Lol! I might look in to my and DH going tho in December! 👍
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
I’m looking at what to do the weekend before Xmas with 2 kids (6+2). The last 2 years we’ve done a Santa train and I don’t want to do that this year. I looked at Alton towers but it’s £398! Does anyone know of anything in the north? I’m prepared to travel from Sheffield-looked at gullivers warrington but it gets mixed reviews and is still £250.

I know about stockeld park but read it’s really busy and again not worth the money. Anyone any ideas what we can do?! Doesn’t have to be overnight, doesn’t even need to be a Santa visit, just festive and suitable for the children.

Thanks!
Hi I was at stockeld park in the school holidays with six kids we spent all day there and had an amazing time
And it wasn’t busy at all

I live in Yorkshire I can recommend xscape Castleford , nostel priory will have Santa etc , Kirklees light railway
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
Hi I was at stockeld park in the school holidays with six kids we spent all day there and had an amazing time
And it wasn’t busy at all

I live in Yorkshire I can recommend xscape Castleford , nostel priory will have Santa etc , Kirklees light railway
Was this in the Xmas holidays? I’ll have a look at Xscape and nostel priory. We did Kirklees light railway last year and really enjoyed it.

Old 15 Sep 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

There are Santa riverboat cruises in Doncaster. They are also doing Halloween children’s cruises too. It’s based in Sprotbrough.
Old 17 Sep 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
There are Santa riverboat cruises in Doncaster. They are also doing Halloween children’s cruises too. It’s based in Sprotbrough.
This sounds something different, the Halloween things too, will have a look at these! Thanks! 👍

Old 17 Sep 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have you ever done the Lyceum panto? It’s amazing .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List