Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 3 Oct 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Food to order who do you use?

I've used m&s before but their offerings are pretty poor this year
Sainsburys have a few items I like the look of and they are the closet for picking up from but never used them so not sure what they are like quality/value for money wise
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We tend to get the turkey from M&S and a few bits of party food type stuff from Waitrose.

I had no idea you could pre order from Sainsbury’s! I’ll have a browse now

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BelfastFly
Getting Excited

sainsburys for us. never had a problem with them and they always have great tasting food.
BelfastFly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This year I’m going with Cook. Only the 4 of us for Christmas Day and I refuse to be cooking for hours then end up clearing it all up so I’m looking forward to chucking it all in the oven and then recycling the foil trays after 😆

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We don't pre-order any more - we have in the past, but there has always been a bit of a disappointment in some way, so we just go pick our own a few days before Christmas - have done for 4 years now, and have always been pleasantly surprised and since we go at 8am there has not been a big crowd either.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We just had a party for DS's 21 and did a mixture of m&s, sainsbury's and tesco. Used the latter because they could deliver some of the bits like wraps on the day which saved a great deal of time. The other two we collected the day before. All were very good, no complaints at all.

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a question about Christmas food to go. I knew people picked up their orders from Marks but I didn't realise uou also have to pick up from Sainsburys.
Why don't they deliver the food to go range along with your shopping?
I guess Tesco/waitrose is the same?