Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Jan 17, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Volcano Bay is not late. All Universal have said is that it will open sometime in "early summer 2017". So, as long as it opens before, say, mid July then it'll be on time.

They have also said that the 3 Park Explorer tickets are valid from the 1st June. That doesn't mean VB will open then.

People just assumed that VB would open on the 1st June. It's just as likely that VB will open sometime in the first 2 weeks of June (if you start using the 3 Park ticket on 1st June it will remain valid until 14th June), but even that's not guaranteed. Equally likely it could also open on, say, 27th May and in order to gain access to VB before 1st June you'd have to buy a day ticket at the gate.
The Universal Resort recent advert specifically states Volcano Bay opens on 1st June.
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I have a response :

Thank you for your email.

I can see that we have sent you the Universal 3 park explorer ticket. We have confirmation from Universal that the 3 park explorer ticket will be valid to use in Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure from the 19th May and valid for Volcano Bay from the 1st June.

The reason Kelly advised you yesterday that you would be sent a 2 park explorer ticket if you were to book now is because the Universal 2 park explorer tickets can be exchanged free of charge when Volcano Bay opens to include the third park and this is how we issue tickets for people travelling in may now.

I can confirm that your 3 park explorer tickets are valid to be used before Volcano Bay opens and I sincerely apologise for any confusion caused in regards to your tickets.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me,

Kind regards,

Jess,
Reservations Agent,
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
The Universal Resort recent advert specifically states Volcano Bay opens on 1st June.
Hmm, I tried to look up this advert online but couldn't find a recent one (admittedly, I didn't spend a long time looking for it).

Universal's website doesn't mention a date - it just says "Early Summer 2017". The closest thing I can find is this article below:

orlandosentinel/trave...621-story.html

That says, "Although June 1 is not the park's official opening date, Universal leaders say families considering next year's summer vacations can plan for it to open by then". Which, if anything, sounds like VB's opening date will be sometime in May, not June 1st.

Do you know of anywhere online where I can see the advert?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JulesAyr
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
I listen to a lot of Orlando podcasts and one of them (not sure which) had someone saying they had heard it was running behind schedule and that June 1st is unlikely! I've only heard it on the one podcast so possibly no truth in it. My concern is buying a 3 park ticket and then finding the park isn't open and I cant use it. I would have paid more for a ticket I cant use. We're not there until early July but still concerned about spending extra on something I wont be able to utilise.

July 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2007 - Christmas at Disney - Sheraton Studio City/Royal Plaza
June/July 2009 - Hilton Doubletree Guest Suites, LBV
July 2011 - Hard Rock Hotel, Marriott Clearwater, Buena Vista Palace
July 2012 - Buena Vista Palace / Royal Pacific Resort
July 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific Resort
July 2017 - OKW / Royal Pacific Resort
2019 - Christmas and New Year trip
JulesAyr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 04:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JulesAyr View Post
My concern is buying a 3 park ticket and then finding the park isn't open and I cant use it. I would have paid more for a ticket I cant use. We're not there until early July but still concerned about spending extra on something I wont be able to utilise.
All the ticket companies I have searched charge the same for the 3 Park Explorer as they do for the 2 Park Explorer, so you wouldn't be paying extra. Maybe someone else knows of a company that charges lower for the 2 Park, but I haven't seen one.

Edited at 04:43 AM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post

I got told the VB was free on my 3 park ticket because they cant guarantee it will be open when we arrive, i paid the same as the 2 park ticket.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It does say on the universal advert that it opens 1st of June ( at the bottom in small writing ) , watched it yesterday.
I'm still waiting to see how much a day ticket is as our tickets apparently don't have vb included. I'm waiting to pay for them after June to see if this really is the case .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
It does say on the universal advert that it opens 1st of June ( at the bottom in small writing ) , watched it yesterday.
Ok, I'll try and keep an eye out for the general Universal Resort advert (the Volcano Bay advert just says "Early Summer" at the end). Thanks.

It is strange because, as Universal have stated in their emails, they haven't actually officially announced the opening date yet.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

I hope it opens sometime around June. We will be activating our park tickets on the 10th June so as long as it opens by the 24th we might get to go.
I was really looking forward to it so it will be a shame if I miss it.
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List