Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Feb 16, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

Mobile What wound you recommend with transfers ?

Hi
We fly into Orlando and land at 23:30 and stay for 4 nights on international drive.

I can function without a car but we have to get to port canaveral for a week long Disney cruise😀

Would you hire a car on arrival at MCO or just book transfers .

My quandary is the costs - one transfer from the airport to the hotel and then another to the port and then another to the airport .

There is me and three kids and lots of luggage as this is the end of a 4 week holiday .

What would you do ?
Old 9 Feb 16, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
What about one way car hire each way?
Old 9 Feb 16, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky View Post
Hi
We fly into Orlando and land at 23:30 and stay for 4 nights on international drive.

I can function without a car but we have to get to port canaveral for a week long Disney cruise😀

Would you hire a car on arrival at MCO or just book transfers .

My quandary is the costs - one transfer from the airport to the hotel and then another to the port and then another to the airport .

There is me and three kids and lots of luggage as this is the end of a 4 week holiday .

What would you do ?
Me personally, I'd book a car for the 4/5 days. Do a one way rental from MCO to Cape Canaveral. Depending on how old your children are, you could drop them and the luggage of at the port then drop the car off and come back on the shuttle. If they're younger, then you could all go to the car rental shop.

Are you going straight back to MCO after the cruise? Your choice is either DCL transfers ($35 per person), or hire another car and that would give you spare time before your evening flight if you wanted it.

Lucky you being able to take your children for 4 weeks away ... what a fantastic experience for you all. Have fun!
Old 9 Feb 16, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

Thanks guys.

We are flying in from Salt lake city- after touring Yellowstone and some of the other National parks, so this cruise will be a nice relaxation!

Our flight home is at 14.10 on the Saturday so we have to go straight to the airport.
I am guessing we would have to leave by 10:00 on the Saturday in order to get there in time.

I didnt know Disney offered transfers? Do they run at intervals or is it just one ?

I might do the car pick up at MCO and do a one way hire to the port, and then get a transfer back- as it saves me having to faff around dropping the car off at the airport.
Old 9 Feb 16, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks guys.

We are flying in from Salt lake city- after touring Yellowstone and some of the other National parks, so this cruise will be a nice relaxation!

Our flight home is at 14.10 on the Saturday so we have to go straight to the airport.
I am guessing we would have to leave by 10:00 on the Saturday in order to get there in time.

I didnt know Disney offered transfers? Do they run at intervals or is it just one ?

I might do the car pick up at MCO and do a one way hire to the port, and then get a transfer back- as it saves me having to faff around dropping the car off at the airport.
They have lots of transfer buses going at regular intervals. You'll be chucked off the ship before 9am, so you'll be up at the airport by around 10:30-11am, depending on when the bus leaves (they normally wait until they're full before leaving).

If you have a look at the DCL sticky thread at the top, you can see one of the lovely transfer buses.

Edited at 07:15 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 16, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

GETTING THERE
If you are sailing from Port Canaveral and are staying at a Disney Resort, you can travel by DCL coaches at a cost of $35 per person each way. You can also get picked up or dropped off to MCO Airport (not Sanford) and some Disney Parks.

From: Updated: Everything You Need To Know About Disney Cruise Line - theDIBB
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=543948

We are not staying at a Disney resort though, so would I still be eliigible for their transfer to MCO?
Old 10 Feb 16, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
GETTING THERE
If you are sailing from Port Canaveral and are staying at a Disney Resort, you can travel by DCL coaches at a cost of $35 per person each way. You can also get picked up or dropped off to MCO Airport (not Sanford) and some Disney Parks.

From: Updated: Everything You Need To Know About Disney Cruise Line - theDIBB
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=543948

We are not staying at a Disney resort though, so would I still be eliigible for their transfer to MCO?
Yes, what they mean is if you're travelling TO the port, you have to be staying at a Disney resort. If you're going back to MCO, you're good to book one way transfers for $35 each.
Book it through your TA, or direct if you booked it that way.
Old 10 Feb 16, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread