Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 18 May 16, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

update The First Ever Trip Report - Part 2 - The Fun Adventures of Mummy and Pickle

Day 2

We had breakfast reservations for 7.30 and luckily we woke up early before the alarm went off.

Breakfast was a bit crazy (this was the only day we ate in our hotel as we ate in Café Mickey and Crystal Palace for the rest of the holiday). I can manage pretty much everything as a single Mum but a buffet breakfast stresses me out massively! Harrison (Pickle) came with me and chose what he wanted (bread and yogurt basically!) and then I left him eating while I got the drinks and my breakfast under strict instructions not to move from his seat!

After breakfast we went back to our room to collect the pushchair and then headed back out again. I was very glad we had an early breakfast as the queue was absolutely huge by the time we got back down!

We had a lovely walk to the Park. We were lucky with lovely weather throughout our stay. Harrison loved going through the security checkpoints as he got to put my bag through the scanner and collected it the other end.

First stop this morning, was once again ‘Buzz’. I love this ride even though my score is always really rubbish! Next step was a walk through the castle and a trip on Pinocchio, followed by Dumbo (both our first times!) and the Mad Hatter Tea Cups. We then queued (only for about 10 minutes) for the rope drop for Casey Junior and the little boat ride. We then went on ‘It’s a Small World Again’ and ‘Autopia’.

After this we went for our lunch reservation at ‘Blue Lagoon’. I love this restaurant and we were not disappointed. We had a table by the water and enjoyed waving at the boats. The food was great as was the service.

After lunch we went on Pirates and then headed over to watch the Springtime train parade. I adore this song and mini parade. Just thinking of it makes me smile!

Then we headed to Phantom Manor. This was closed during our visit last year, and I wasn’t sure how Harrison would like it but he reliably informed me it was good and ‘not scary mummy’ so there we are! My said that the ghost on the doom buggy at the end looked like Nannie (My Mum) which made me laugh. Nannie wasn’t quite so impressed when I told her though.

After this we headed to the Chaparel theatre for the Forest of Enchantment Show, which was far better than I was expecting. I though the whole thing was excellent and it kept Harrison fully entertained throughout.

We then went on some more rides I think and had a look around the shops. Harrison had a nap, so I walked around with him in the pushchair for a while just people watching and soaking up the atmosphere. We then sat down to watch the parade (Harrison was still asleep at this point). Luckily he woke up at just the right time and absolutely loved it! The only thing that ruined it was a Spanish family behind me that decided to basically sit on top of us and scream (and I mean scream – my ears were ringing afterwards) the characters names at them.

After the parade we fought through the crowds and headed to the village for Dinner at Planet Hollywood. We were really lucky and managed to get a table without waiting. This was the best meal of the holiday! The service was slow as they were busy, but the staff were AMAZING! Kept us both entertained and the food was really good. They took photos of us which I ended up buying as they were lovely. Plus I got a free carafe of wine rather than the glass I ordered which is always a bonus!

After the meal we headed back to the hotel for another good night’s sleep.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 16, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
webby3
slightly serious Dibber

sounds like a great day, love the teacups photo.
webby3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 16, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Such a cute pic of Harrison in front of the castle, and two great meals for dinner and lunch. What a lovely day!
Old 15 Aug 16, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Aww Harrison's little face on the tea cups!

Another lovely day!

We are taking DS (2.5) next Feb and I wasn't sure about taking him on Pirates, but having read yours and other trippies I think we might have to give it a go!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List