Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 9 Sep 15, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

Imogens's first trip to DLP - Day Five - Friday August 28th 2015

We arrive at our last day of the holiday. It’s 6:30am & we’re checking out today. There is a sad feeling in the air.
Deb & Imogen get ready whilst I sort out the last of the packing. The bag for the hold is just under the 23.0kg limit. Both hand luggage bags are pretty full too. Imogen has fallen in love with her Pegasus plush. It was the first thing she spotted & wanted to buy. Now she has him she wants to carry him everywhere. So he is coming with us for our last day in the parks.
We check the room one last time to make sure we have everything. We say our goodbyes & leave.
We head up to reception to check out & drop or luggage off.
The weather is looking a bit overcast. It's supposed to brighten up & get warmer a little later.
We hand over your bags & in return get a credit card sized plastic card with a number on it which matches the tags they put on your bags. These are then taken & stored on the racks they have in the back room. Simple. We head off for our last breakfast. I’m desperate to get to the parks for EMH. Deb & Imogen don’t like being hurried along by the sergeant major (there nickname for me). I tell them without me waking you up or hurrying you along to make EMH we wouldn’t be able to fit as much in as we have. I just don’t want to waste any time here. Why sleep when you can be up & in the parks. Sleep when we get home.

[IMG][/IMG]

Before we go in the back I have to take a photo of where the happy place is.
[IMG][/IMG]

We make it over to the entrance for 8am on the dot. The gates open as we arrive & we head. Our target is a meet with Donald Duck on Main Street. Donald’s queue is shorter than those of Mickey & Minnie, & Goofy & Pluto. So we don’t wait long to meet him. A Spanish family is in front of us with a boy aged about 5. During he’s meet with Donald, the boy grabs hold of Donald’s head & tries to yank it off. Donald bent over whilst the kid had his head tried to move back away from him. The kid lets go. The parents don’t tell the child off. Neither do the CM’s who are looking after Donald. You can tell that Donald is not happy. Poor Donald. When the family leave the CM goes over to Donald & talks to him. Its then our turn. Donald seems to be okay, I bet he’s looking forward to he’s break. We get some great photos on the Photopass.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Whilst waiting for Donald I notice one of the Main Street cars driving around. As we finish with Donald it is parked up waiting for passengers. We’ve never been in a Main Street car so we go over & ask for a ride. We’re in the Main Street police car.
[IMG][/IMG]

We sit in cage on the back. We are dropped off just in front of the castle.
[IMG][/IMG]

So for the very first time we walk through the castle. This is a recreation of a Photo I took of Deb 13 years ago.
[IMG][/IMG]

Fantasyland is the quietest we’ve seen it.
[IMG][/IMG]

So we take the opportunity to ride Peter Pan. With only a 5 minute wait. Is very nearly a walk on. The ride felt very bumpy. Next we go on Dumbo. Again another 5 minute wait. As we go through to get into our Dumbo’s I wait to get a photo of Deb & Imogen sitting in theirs.
[IMG][/IMG]

However there is no longer any space for me to ride. So I leave from the exit. A little sad I couldn’t ride. I stand by the exit to see if I can get the CM’s attention. She doesn’t look over at me. So I shout to Deb to get her to ask if I can go on with Imogen as there wasn’t space for me. She says no problem. So I get on with Imogen. She gets a second go.
[IMG][/IMG]

Deb notices whilst I’m riding that another CM came over to the CM who let me on. Deb thinks he was asking why they had let me on through the exit. Deb got the impression he was okay with it.

We’d like to go into Alice’s Curious Labyrinth as we haven’t done yet. However it wasn’t open for EMH. So we’ll come back later. We head over to Discoveryland to ride Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast as it is open.
We notice a Disneyland Paris artist painting a pitcure onto a small building.
[IMG][/IMG]

It's good to see the work they are putting in.

I think I get my best score of the holiday on Buzz. There is a massive queue to get the ride photos. I make a note of the photo numbers. We’ll try later to get them.

We then go & have a quick look at Les Mysteres Du Nautilus. The noises & the giant Octopus unsettle Imogen so we move through quickly.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Autopia isn't open yet. If we have time we might go on it.
[IMG][/IMG]

We head back to the castle & this time go upstairs to look at the Sleeping beauty story stained glass windows.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Followed by a quick mooch at the shops below. We’re tempted by a couple of the Christmas decorations, but in the end decide to leave them.
[IMG][/IMG]

We go over to the entrance to Adventureland to get ready for the scrum to Big Thunder Mountain. It’s Imogen’s favourite ride. So we have to do it one more time. There is one brilliant CM who was in the Phantom Manor costume. He was asking people not to run “even though 90% will, I’m begging you please don’t run”. He also went on about not smoking & selfie sticks. He did it all in a fun way. He also got us all to sing happy birthday to another CM who worked on the River Boat. I don’t think it really was the guy’s birthday.
May 2014-Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa (DD first time). Trip Report Index
August 2015 - Disney's Seqouia Lodge DLP. Trip Report Index
Saving for August 2019 - Port Orleans French Quarter & DCL 3 Night Bahama's Cruise
muggle3000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 15, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

At 10am the rush begins. We go at a quick walk & people are running past us. Deb & Imogen get in the queue for the ride. People are pushing into the queue form both sides. There is no sort of order or understanding of the queue that has already formed. I head for the Fast Pass machines. I get us FP tickets & get back to Deb & Imogen before they go through into the queue area. Perfect! So we now get two rides on our last day. We get speaking to a British lady behind us in the queue about the pandemonium to get to the rides at opening. Then get onto the grief we had for the parade. She said they had watched yesterday during the rain. Hardly anyone was waiting to watch it. They had a great view & great interactions as there weren’t many people about. So there’s a good tip. Rain on a normally busy day is great for watching the parade.

After we go back over to the Frozen area to get a photo on the sleigh with Olaf & Sven in the background.

Imogen spots some Frozen Tsum Tsum’s at one of the stalls. She decides that she wants to start collecting them. So she buys a small Elsa & Olaf (€11.98, she doesn’t like Anna).

After we head back to use our FP for BTM. Bye bye BTM, that was our last ride. We made sure we got a good photo. No arms in the way of Imogen’s face & a pose too.

We go over to Star Tours to get a FP for later (1:15 – 1:45pm). I really fancy a Croque Monsieur for lunch. I’d read that some Dibbers like them. So we go over to the Market House Deli on Main Street for lunch. On the way past Plaza gardens Restaurant we notice that Pooh’s character meet will start soon. There are only a few people so we wait. Pooh comes out a little late. So it takes a bit longer than we thought. However Pooh was great. Imogen got another autograph & we got some nice photos.

We get to the Market House Deli & experience the lowest service ever. It took an age for the lady on the till to work out the prices. Plus the CM’s were all so grumpy. You could feel the tension in the air. It was like the CM’s were ready to snap & start shouting at us. Our Croque Monsieurs are cold by the time we pay. Three Croque Monsieur’s, a muffin, a chocolate brownie & a bottle of orange juice (€36.04).

We remember the meet we saw earlier in the holiday with Timon & Rafiki over near the Hakuna Matata restaurant. So we go over to meet them. The weather is turning out great. The sun is out & it’s getting hot. The queue is reasonable. Probably about a 30 minute wait. However it takes longer as twice the characters leave for their 5 minute break.
Whilst we wait Deb & me spot two kids about 10 or 11 years old push into the queue in front of us. Then duck under a rope to move up further. The spot us watching them. Nobody else around them acknowledges that they are related to these kids or seem to care they have pushed in. They pretend to be looking for their parents. Looking around & saying “I think they might be down here”. It’s obviously a poor act. They are British! I was sick of people pushing in by this point so I snap. I ask the kids if they are pushing in & where their parents are. We are looking for our parents they say. Deb joins in & asks them if they see them further up the queue. No they say. Why are you joining the queue here then if you parents aren’t in front? Get to the back of the queue, stop pushing in! They get the full front of two parents who have reached the limit of people pushing in. All the families around us are foreign. They don’t want to make eye contact with us. The two kids look annoyed & go to the back of the queue. They later leave & wonder off. Are we mean people or are we standing up for rules? The interaction is brilliant. Imogen has a dance with Rafiki as the CM starts singing the Hakuna Matata song, Timon puts Imogen’s hat on backwards.

We see statue's of Zazu & Kaa. Photo opportunity.

We head over to the top of Fantasyland to go through the maze. However the park is getting busy & there is a queue to get in the maze! So reluctantly we give up on the maze. We go over to use our FP for Star Tours. We stop to use the toilet in the Cafe Hyperion. We catch the end of the Jedi Training academy. Looks good. Imogen didn’t want to do it.

Deb waits in the sun to people watch whilst Imogen go off to Endor one last time.

That is our last ride at the Disneyland Park. A good one to finish on I think. When we come out we go over to get the Buzz Lightyear ride photos.

Whilst I’m going that Imogen buys some more stuff. She gets a Stitch Tsum Tsum & a Scrump plush (€18.98). Scrump is the home made doll that Lilo has in the Lilo & Stitch movie.

We go into Main Street to soak up the last bit of atmosphere & yes you’ve guessed it done some more shopping.

We buy some small cake & chocolate moulds along with some cookie cutters. Imogen gets a Stitch sweet dispenser (€36.10). I get some fudge (€3).

Before we walk out we turn to have one last look down Main Street at the castle. We say goodbye. Imogen starts to get upset. She doesn’t want to leave. We sit on one of the benches for a bit & have a cuddle. We’ve still got some time to spend at Disney Studio’s. This perks Imogen up. Au revoir Disneyland Park.

Deb & Imogen go straight into the Animation Art building to get in the queue for the next drawing session. I get a few photos & check out the times board.

Then go down to see what the Fast Passes for Tower of Terror are like. They have all gone. The wait time is 40 minutes. I join Deb & Imogen who are just about to start drawing. This time it’s Donald Duck. I help Imogen with her drawing. She still looks a bit sad.

She does really well with him.

Deb's drawing:

At the end of the session I tell Imogen to go & ask the CM if you could please have his drawing. Which she did & he said yes. He even wrote to Imogen on it for her.
[IMG][/IMG]

It’s nearly 3pm now. Our transfer is picking us up at the hotel at 3:45pm. So we have about half an hour before we need to go. We go over to the Flying Carpets of Agrabah. Not the best ride to finish the holiday on, but the wait time is only 15 minutes. Perfect to fit in what time we have.

It’s was good for Imogen to have this last little bit of fun before leaving. She is sad but not tearful. On the way out Imogen decides she would like a Remy plush. However we can’t find him in any of the shops on the way out of Disney Studios. They don’t have him in any of the Disney Village shops either. I find it strange they don’t have Remy plush toys in the shops. You would’ve thought a character from a signature film for Paris would be everywhere. If she would’ve said earlier we could’ve gone to the Ratatouille ride. Oh well.

On the way back to the hotel we see the PanoraMagique balloon is up.

We get back to the hotel at 3:35pm which gave us enough time to get our luggage & re-arrange a few things to pack away the extra things we’ve bought today.

Our Prestige Transfer VW T5 bus turns up on smack on 3:45pm. Plus he has my correct name this time. He loads our bags into the back. He apologises as he also has his bike in the back. No problem for us. There is still plenty of room in the boot for our bags. The driver also puts the DVD player on for Imogen. It has the film Turbo on it. The one about the fast snail. The air-con isn’t on high & it gets a bit hot in the car. As we arrive at the airport Deb tells me she is starting to feel a bit car sick. Once we are out of the car she feels better. We pay & thank the driver.

We wonder into the airport like lost sheep. Not really knowing where to go. I spot the Air France check-in area. I had done on-line check in the previous evening & had the boarding passes e-mailed to my phone. We were directed to a self service check-in booth to print our boarding passes & luggage tag. We then take out check-in bag to be weighed. It’s 23.1kg, 0.1kg over the limit. It’s accepted though & moves off. Perfect packing. We go through security without any issues. We are a bit hungry, but have decided to wait until we get home to get some fish & chips form the chip shop.
We walk out to gate 51 to wait for boarding. The flight leaves on time at 6:45pm.

On the flight we are offered a small sandwich. Its goats cheese so we all pass on it. Otherwise the flight is uneventful.

We arrive in Birmingham just before 7pm. Another plane has landed so passport control is a little busy. It takes about 15 minutes to get through. Our bag is one of the first to come out. We walk out into the cold air & cross the road to get to car park 1 & find our car. I’m glad I took a photo of the parking bay number as I can’t remember. The motorway is clear & we make good time home. When we arrive back in Worcester there is a beautiful sunset.

We stop at the chip shop & are at home, greeting our cats by 8:30pm.

With that the holiday I booked over a year ago was now over.

Now the saving starts for our next Disney holiday. Going to take a while to save up. We’re going back to Disneyworld, staying on site at Port Orleans French Quarter & doing a three day Disney Dream cruise in the Bahamas. It’s pencilled in for August 2019! However this might move back depending on when Star Wars land opens. So we might squeeze in another Disneyland Paris trip.

Thanks for reading.
May 2014-Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa (DD first time). Trip Report Index
Saving for August 2019 - Port Orleans French Quarter & DCL 3 Night Bahama's Cruise

Edited at 05:41 PM.
muggle3000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 15, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

A brilliant last day, I can see why you were so keen to get to the park early.

I LOVE Donald in his classic outfit, we didn't meet him when we were there but I was so excited just to have spotted him.

Why doesn't Imogen like Anna? That made me laugh.

We thought CDG was a bit of a nightmare when we were leaving. It seemed mammoth and you seemed to have to scan your boarding pass 32312 more times than you do anywhere else. Not very well signposted either.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 15, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

Why doesn't Imogen like Anna? That made me laugh.
Probably some weird reason. I'll ask her.

Yeah CDG & signposts don't go. I think it was more luck & that our driver knew we were with Air France. That we found where we needed to go.

August was pretty busy. Having to go in school holidays I guess will always be busy.
Old 8 Feb 16, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Lovely last day. You had crazy wait times. August is traditionally when Paris shuts and everyone hits DLP! I believe there is a better time at the start or end of summer when French and Spanish schools have gone back - might be worth checking out.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 16, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Aw a great souvenir to take the CM's drawing! A fun filled last day and a lovely family cuddle to say goodbye to the castle. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us.
Old 18 May 16, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for reading the trippy Kansaskitty and all your lovely comments. Just this evening I finally finished the photo album off.
Now we're going to all sit down and watch our home videos from our May'14 Disneyworld trip. Can't believe its been two years!
Old 7 Sep 16, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Great trip report - I've just booked my first DLP trip for June next year so am super excited and this has shown me I've nothing to worry about disappointment wise from WDW (except maybe the parade!) Thanks for writing x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List