Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Oct 16, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Keirasean
Excited about Disney

We have done both in last week. My recommendations are:
Aquatica I got a cabana on roa river rapids. Was great and good value as includes 12 bottles water, towels, big fridge and locker. We went for a Denny's breakfast just up the road which filled us up. Then took individually wrapped muffins, satsumas and bags of crisps which are like the large individual bags in U.K. But not family sharing bags ... you need a 3oz max capacity per bag. We took in circa 8 bags crisps, 5 muffins and 10 satsumas... plus our free water was plenty and kept fruit chilled in out fridge. Location was perfect. General sunloungers are all a bit crammed in. We all loved the roa Rapids and the cabana and would do same again.

Discovery cove we just did dolphin swim, ie no cabana, and got there for 7.15 so got in to plonk towels close to shoreline on sun beds in grand reef to reserve our spot 😜😎 . Did 8.30 dolphin swim then swam and sunbathed about grand reef for rest of day (although did wander off to see otters, birds and lazy river a various time sin afternoon). It was a great spot next to grand reef and for the time of year i.e. October we were happy with partial shade in front of grand reef rather than being boxed away in a cabana (although in height of summer the shade might be a good thing). If going again we would do the same thing albeit we spent 137 dollars on dolphin swim photos and had no intention of doing so beforehand... you will be sucked in so this might well have a bearing on the best value option for you.
Hope that helps a bit 😎
Keirasean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lud
Earning My Ears

no you definitely can NOT take food into aquatica, i had a row with staff member over it just a week ago! only small bags of crisps are allowed.
lud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lud
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
Disney Water parks don't give free lockers or at least they didn't this year when we were there they cost $15 a day for a large locker.
Also you can take food into Aquatica it tells you you can on the website even outlines what you can and can't take you can take the same stuff as to Disney apart from certain articles that are dangerous to animals.

no you cannot take food other than small bags of crisps,staff were very strict and rude about it.
lud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lud
Earning My Ears

Can I bring my own food and drink into the park?
Coolers are permitted, but they must be no larger than 16-quart size; large insulated bags are available for purchase at Guest Relations. For guests with special dietary requirements a limited number of daily picnic size lockers are available for rent at the park for $5 (plus a $5 refundable key deposit). Two picnic areas are located at the bus drop-off area at the front of the park and guest may re-enter these areas as often as they would like during an operating day.

This is copied from seaworld parks website.so to reiterate. you have to rent a locker to put your food in, then go OUT of the park virtually naked to eat it on a bench by a bus stop! be told ;0
Old 26 Oct 16, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Christine_mufc
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by disneymad75 View Post
Thank u xxx unfortunately as we booked it all with TC we don't get all our tickets etc til we arrive either at airport or hotel :-( xx
Not great quality but he is a picture of he letter we received for our Dec 2015 visit.

My niece Summer meeting her favorite Princess at Epcot Dec 2015!

Edited at 11:40 AM.
Christine_mufc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread