Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 9 Nov 16, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

There's Magic Everywhere ... December 2015 - Day 3

Day 3 - EMH and Chez Remmy

We were up early this morning and excited for the day ahead! We were quickly dressed and ready and down for breakfast (apart from Aunty Heather! - it takes her hours to be ready ).

The GF breakfast was really nice. I'm not a fussy eater but don't particularly like french cuisine I had started to like croissants early in the year so I knew I could at least eat them! But I couldn't fault it at all. Lots of choice; sausage, bacon, toast, beans and our favourite GF scrambled eggs!

NB - the way GF works is you get a ticket per room with the amount of guests. So we had 2 x rooms with 3 people per ticket. The only thing I found frustrating is that if I wanted to do something by myself we would have to plan who carried the ticket. So if I went to GF and then out into the park and then an hour later Heather wanted to go down she wouldn't have a ticket to gain access. So it does take a bit of planning.

Anyway! We filled our faces and headed down to the park. We waited for about 5 minutes for it to open and then sprinted to the first character meet and greet we saw. For me, it had to be Minnie! I think we queued for less than 5 and got some gorgeous photos here. They looked so nice in their Christmas outfits

Heather and George went to meet Goofy and Pluto, again they didn't wait long

Next up was some rides! We started with Buzz. I am rubbish at these types of rides but everyone enjoyed it.. I think Katherine won this time!

I'm pretty sure we did Space Mountain here too. I didn't like it :/ It really hurt my head! But with Aaron who is addicted to adrenaline I didn't have any choice to smile and get on with it

We had a little mooch around the castle. Katherine told me I'd love it - and she wasn't wrong! I love Sleeping Beauty anyway so I'm biased, but the detail is amazing.

The park was about to open so went back upto the Village and got some coffees and treats to warm up.

We headed over to the Studios next I loved the theming here, it was so Hollywood! HS in Florida was my favourite park anyway but this was great and on a smaller level obvs! I loved that you could easily get from ride to ride, and split up and meet again if you wanted to.

First things first! Tom ran to get up some Fastpasses for Tower of Terror.

We rode Rock n Rollercoaster

And we explored some more..

George was at a perfect age, and loved everything Toy Story so he was in his element!

We took it in turns to go on the big rides and George on the smaller ones so we could all experience it.

It was now time for our FP at ToT. Aaron has always LOVED this ride and it was a family favourite. So we joined the queue and waited. It was at this point Geroge decided he was terrified! He's a solid kid, loves spiders, mud and all things boys - but you could tell he was nervous. He turned to Katherine to say he was scared, and us being the Aunty's we are, we held his hand and forced him on the ride . And it was asif Walt heard the conversation, the CM decided it was George he was going to pick on for that particular ride ...

So take some time to check out his hilarious faces on these photos over the next few days!

Once he was off he was fine and pretended like he didn't care... until we told him we was going to ride again

We headed down towards Routitelle for our next FP. I LOVED this ride! It was soooo clever, smooth, and quiet.

We had a look in the little shops down here, very french and beautiful

We had a reservation at Chez Remmy for this evening. If you haven't been here you really need to - the theming is amazing! Everything is giant like you're the rat and it's just so clever.

We were sitted in a big booth which was nice. We had the half board dining plan and the waitress explained what our options were.

The food was amazing. I don't remember exactly what everyone had but I got ratatouille and fish and it was really nice. The rest got steaks of some kind.

Of course we shared a bottle of wine

And filled on puddings too!

We noticed that the service wasn't 100% and it was quite apparant that it was due to close, but we didn't let us phase us. I think next time we would defintely just make an earlier reservation.

When it was time to leave we had to wait by the front door which was a bit strange. But the studios had shut by this point so when there was about 10 people ready to leave, a CM walked us out of the park. And it was one of the most surreal experiences ever! It was dark, the lights were twinkling and we got to see back stage HS - so we loved it!

Once back at the hotel we went to the bar. The SL fireplace is amazing - it's open, massive and feels really homely.

We shared a few more bottles of wine oops! and the boys got a slush. They kept themselves entertained with colours/games and the hotel also has a little kids section with large size games/TV and colours which we could see - so we were all happy!

We got a few nibbles from the bar to keep us going - I thought it was all reasonably priced, but I'm usually oblivious to prices when I'm on holiday (and drunk!).

So that was our first full magical day Tomorrow is Katherine's birthday, so that involves more drinks, food and drinks !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List