Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 15 Jan 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

Disneyland Paris December 2016 - Day 2

Day 2 and we were up early to have breakfast at the Kyriad, we went down for when breakfast opened at 7am and it was nice and quiet. The breakfast selection is fairly good, cold meats, cheeses, yoghurts, fruit, toast and pastries. The also offer a hot selection sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms its not too bad but the egg I think is powdered and they put onion in the baked beans

We then returned to the room to collect our bags so we could check out and the plan was to get to Disneyland Park for the 1 EMH (only 1hr the days we were there which was a shame).

We checked out fine, but the drive to the park didnt go quite so well, it was still dark and I knew the route as we have driven it a fair few times before. Simon however decided we should follow the sat nav, I agreed as I thought it would take us the same way. Anyway at the second roundabout from the hotel I knew it wasnt the right turning but Simon was insistant it was so I went along with it - a few miles later it was obvious it wasn't so we turned round and went with my directions. We found it no problem but were later than we intended so didnt get into the park until half eight.

We headed straight for Peter Pan, it was about a 15 min wait which wasnt too bad, we then went straight to Buzz which was about 10 mins and after that managed to get straight on Space Mountain. So we didnt do too badly in the end. We then decided we would go straight to Frontier land and get a fast pass for Big Thunder Mountain, there was quite a queue for the ride but not much of a fast pass queue - our return time was 11.15am.

We decided to head over to The Haunted Mansion - on the way over it was nice to see the Riverboat back

When we arrived at the Haunted Mansion, it hadn't opened yet, we joined the queue and waited about 5 mins or so and they opened it up, I think it was about 0930 am. We only waited about 5 mins to ride which was great.

We still had time before our Big Thunder Mountain FP so we went for a coffee at the Cable Car Bake Shop on main street, it was fairly quiet. After this we had a mooch in the shops and then headed back to Frontierland.

Unfortunately on arrival at Big Thunder Mountain the ride was down. So we hung about for a bit but it was obvious it wouldn't be up and running anytime soon so we went over to Buzz and queued for that instead.

After Buzz we then went and had a hot dog for lunch, it was the first time in all our visits that we had gone to Casey's Corner for hot dogs but they were quite nice. When we had finished we left the park and drove to the Cheyenne to check in.

We were allocated a room in Billy the Kid building which was just opposite the main food court and reception building so that was nice.

It took a long while to check in as the Cast Member who checked us in was fairly new, the cheapest option for us as Annual Pass holders this time was to book for 1 person and add another at check in. Anyhow we got there in the end - it took about 20 mins. One thing I was very surprised at was we only paid 99 cents a night for Simon in tax and when I asked if I could pay for him to have breakfast I was told if he has paid the tax then he could have breakfast and they gave me vouchers for him. No wonder they're going to start charging.

We didn't have a refurbished room but our room was clean and comfortable.

Interesting style of Lamp

I really liked the whole theme of the Hotel. I have stayed at the Hotel New York and The Newport Bay but I actually preferred the layout and the look of this hotel. Unfortunately as we normally do a lot of filming on our trips I forgot to take photos of the other areas of the Hotel, this is the only other pic we have

After a mooch around the Hotel we headed back into the park, it was quite a nice walk and only took about 10/15 mins.

It was starting to get dark and it was looking lovely. (It was cold but I managed to wear my ears for a bit)

We headed straight for Its a Small World and then the Teacups and after that the Carousel. We also decided to take in Mickeys Christmas lights so headed over to see the lighting of the Christmas Tree which was at 6.45 pm. They have two of these a night the first one at 6.15 pm so although there was a crowd it wasn't as busy as I thought it would be.

Mickey and Minnie looked fab!

So did Father Christmas!

It is a lovely little show and I enjoyed it despite having to shuffle around as everytime I got a decent view another child would go on someones shoulders :angry:, they weren't tiny tots either, and a couple of them were asleep!

Anyhow (rant over) afterwards we decided to get something to eat, which proved more difficult than I thought it would be as it was extremely busy and it seemed every other quick service restaurant we went to was closed making the open ones absolutely packed. Anyhow I remembered Restaurant Hakuna Matata so we decided to try it and thankfully it was open and not that busy. I had Chicken strips which were lovely and Simon had the Sandwich Kebab which he enjoyed. We then decided that was it for the day and took a slow walk out of the park. Stopping for just a few more photos.

We headed back to the Hotel via the World of Disney for a mooch round. Tomorrow we were going to try for the EMH followed by the Studios for opening time to ride Crush and hopefully get FPs for Ratatouille

Thanks for reading

syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Just gotta love sat nav fails, ours pulled one on us this year too! Think the theming in Cheyenne is great, we loved it when the kids were little. Newport and New York are really just big convention hotels. Jealous that you managed a Casey hot dog, would have loved one but with dd being veggie wasn't going to happen. Looking forward to your next installment
Old 15 Jan 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

Yep good old Sat Nav, hubby insisted on blaming me though as I had brought it on EBay and obviously hadn't checked it was on the correct distance route etc settings lol. Casey s hot dogs were great yes sorry. Thank you for reading 😃
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List