Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Jan 17, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Hyde1969
Gone all Goofy

Disney property for 5

What Disney property would anyone suggest for 5 people - 2 adults and 3 "children" currently 22, 14, 6. Last year we shared a room in Caribbean Beach, which I would happily do again but we weren't keen on the food court. We have tried Port Orleans before and whilst we preferred their food court, we preferred everything else about Caribbean Beach. We are hopefully going to wait to get free Disney Dining but probably looking at Moderate but possibly deluxe as want to upgrade to table service anyway. We definitely can't afford 2 rooms. Any idea?
Hyde1969 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Really only things up from that are family suite at aoa but you dont get free dining and its £1500 more this year for 3 weeks.
Next up is a 1 bedroom villa at okw. With dining but add $$.
We also looked at the lodges at fort wilderness as they are bigger wider bunkbeds i think.

We were at cbr last year and going back this year on a budget trip. But unfortunately a large villa onsite with free dining for £700 a week doesnt exist!

I think thats why some people do a split stay... my ideal would be 12 days cbr, 2 days at a uni hotel and a week at a villa by the coast to unwind after the first two weeks!

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post

You might want to consider a suite in one of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd near Disney Springs. You won't get dining, but you will get more space at a much more reasonable rate with lots of normal priced restaurants within walking distance.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
we're a 5 and stayed at POR last year. The next hotel in price was OKW and you do get a bedroom and lounge / kitchen, but the beds in the lounge area are a double sofa bed and chairbed and didn't fancy the kids spending 2 weeks on a sofa bed.

I think it was around £1500 more too.
Old 20 Jan 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

We are a family of 5, have stayed at por (it was ok) and cabins at a Fort Willderness which we loved! Plenty of room and lovely outdoor area. Trying the beach club this year but would definitely return to FW.
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Alternatives to CBR and POR would be:

Suite at ASM (value, so usually free breakfast) but this would cost around the same or a little more than the mods do.

AoA family suite - same price as 1 bed at OKW but again, normally free breakfast only

1 bed OKW - your cheapest deluxe option. Main bedroom, and 3 sleeping in the living room on 1 double and 1 single sleeper

Normally, comparing £££ from a mod + dining upgrade to OKW 1 bed with DDP, it costs maybe £200-300 more (but my kids are all Disney adults so the dining upgrade costs a bit more)

Cabins at Fort Wilderness - costs a bit more than OKW 1 bed, but only QSDP normally offered

AKL sadly only has club level rooms for cash reservations that can sleep 5

Yacht & Beach cost a couple hundred more than OKW 1 bed, but the setup in the rooms is the same as CBR and POR, apart from the murphy bed is a bit bigger.

I guess you can look at 2 rooms at a value that are connecting, but upgrading the dining would make OKW better value.
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Hyde1969
Gone all Goofy

Thanks everyone. Some great information and ideas. I think either Caribbean beach or Port Orleans is the way forward for us on the money we want to pay. Will decide when prices are released. To be fair, we spend very little time but love the convenience and atmosphere of staying Disney. In an ideal world we would have more space, but not enough to pay that much extra for it!
Hyde1969 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hyde1969 View Post
Thanks everyone. Some great information and ideas. I think either Caribbean beach or Port Orleans is the way forward for us on the money we want to pay. Will decide when prices are released. To be fair, we spend very little time but love the convenience and atmosphere of staying Disney. In an ideal world we would have more space, but not enough to pay that much extra for it!
PORyou are limited to staying in the Bayou area. All of these rooms have Murphy beds. My son (8) uses those so he doesnt have to share with his sister

CBR the murphy beds are spread around but if you make a booking for 5 they will know to assign one of those. There's only 4 of us so we have to request a murphy bed specifically.

*EDIT corrected.

Edited at 12:11 PM.
mysteryjimbo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo View Post
CBR you are limited to staying in the Bayou area. All of these rooms have Murphy beds. My son (8) uses those so he doesnt have to share with his sister

POR the murphy beds are spread around but if you make a booking for 5 they will know to assign one of those. There's only 4 of us so we have to request a murphy bed specifically.
You're getting your resorts muddled up. Alligator Bayou is at POR and at CBR the rooms are spread out around the entire resort.

If you're staying at POR you can ensure a murphy bed by booking a preferred room if you're not a party of 5.

The other way to ensure a murphy bed for a party of 4 is do what we've done - add a fictional 2 year old to your booking to make you a party of 5. Doesn't cost any more as a 2 year old doesn't need a park ticket. Obviously, it can't be done on a package with flights though.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
You're getting your resorts muddled up. Alligator Bayou is at POR and at CBR the rooms are spread out around the entire resort.

If you're staying at POR you can ensure a murphy bed by booking a preferred room if you're not a party of 5.

The other way to ensure a murphy bed for a party of 4 is do what we've done - add a fictional 2 year old to your booking to make you a party of 5. Doesn't cost any more as a 2 year old doesn't need a park ticket. Obviously, it can't be done on a package with flights though.
Wrong acronym. Not mixed up in my mind. I know where I'm going (and been)!

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
You could if you're willing to pay. I've always received my room requests to date by using multiple methods and celebrations.

Edited at 12:11 PM.
mysteryjimbo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List