Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jan 17, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium - anyone been?

We want to visit this restaurant but can you reserve in advance? Not sure if we want to go for a proper meal as I've heard the meals aren't that great, but we'd at least like to try the desserts. Can you just go in and have a dessert or milkshakes etc without a reservation? We would probably go at lunchtime when a bit quieter.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Yes, you can My daughter and her friend did this in September. They really enjoyed the desserts. We met them later in the holiday (we weren't travelling together, they had arrived the week before us) and had a meal there one evening. It was a nice meal but nothing special and I thought it was expensive for what it was. We didn't have dessert because we can rarely manage one after a meal so I'm only going on my daughters earlier visit.
Old 21 Jan 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumpy&Happy
Imagineer

I'm interested to read people's reviews on this too. We are hoping to go in during the day for a dessert or milkshake.
Old 21 Jan 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We just had milkshakes in October and sat outside,think it was about 4.00 p.m.
The milkshakes were very nice but sickly DH was the only one who finished.

Mine was the Red Velvet
Old 21 Jan 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Theres a review on my latest trippy but we disnt have a good experience really. We did say that we would buy something cakey from the counter at the front to enjoy as a treat but eating the dessert in the restaurant was extremely expensive and although nice not as nice as id expect.

The counter options looked nicer and not so sickly as the main menu
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We shared some sundaes and shakes - all massive and incredibly sweet - but not cheap!
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

We had a meal there in September and I hate to say it but it was by far the worst meal of our holiday. Terrible service and the food wasn't good. The milkshakes look amazing but they are very expensive and nowhere near as nice as they look. The shop is really cool to look around but I doubt we would go back. I was really looking forward to it so it probably seemed worse than it was as it was such a disappointment

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Think we will probably just go in for the experience and have a milkshake. Desserts look very tempting though, those milkshakes look like a meal in themselves!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List