Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 10, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Keys To The Magic Kingdom

Well this is a tour that will enlighten you to the walt disney magic kingdom park.

Having found this on the DIBB earlier, i thought i would share the experience our group had recently & update you on what is now included.

well we went to a guest relations office ... in this instance the EPCOT guest relations. Very helpfull and helped us throught to getting hold of a cast member that could deal with our query. We booked when we were offered a tour the next day !

Well we met Kristen at the town hall at the magic kingdom guest relations, and we all set off on a main street tour and a brief history tour of the walt empire & how it was put together. with our earpiece sets and special passes, you got the sense that people were looking at you ! " Oh yes ... we are VIP's".
Well a tour of the back stage areas first & its amazing on really how BIG it really is.
This followed onto us going into some rides via a system better than fast pass... yup thats right its an instant pass ! the safri ride & haunted house... and short cut stright onto a ride that had a 90 minute wait ! .
Well a lunch courtesy of disney upstairs with outher cast members & of course asking as many questions as you liked ! .
We were presented with special tie pins with keys to the magic kingdom ' a very nice touch' on a unique presentation card.
This followed a tour of the utilidoors and some special walt disney memorbilia... not found anywhere else on the site.
All in All this tour is well worth the money and i must admit more geared to the adult, that has already done the park ... but wants more of how its done & run.

well worth it & well recomended
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 10, 04:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Pluto2008
Imagineer

Cant wait we in it in 2 weeks
2010 SSR & BWV. 2011 Atlanta with a road trip to wdw.
Pluto2008 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 10, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Sounds really great do you mind telling me how much it cost?
Louise

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 10, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

We've recently had this tour and while we can't remember the price they do offer AP discount... plus you get lunch included so the price is rather good.

One of my complaints from the tour in Disney Paris is you can't always hear the cast member but the headset solves this problem. Simply put, your tour guide has a mic attached to a radio and you each get a receiver with a headphone to pop in your ear. As you walk along he can point things out and talk about certain rides as you pass certain points... and you don't have to worry about how far away from him you are!

The tour is rather long and with the heat and the walking it can get to you, certain back stage areas have little shade. I wont spoil the tour (PM us if you want any more details) but you get a good history of the park, hear some interesting stories, see the back stage areas, go underground and see characters dressed up without the head LOL!

The age limit I think has something to do with keeping the tour group moving and (how to put this kindly) not to spoil it for the group to have some annoying kid playing up! Either way, other than seeing woody and jessie without the head, the tour doesn't spoil any of the magic AND if anything adds more!

We highly rate this trip, a must do! We did get a little tired towards the end of the tour but with the heat and walking it is expected.
Old 23 Sep 10, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
doombuggy
Excited about Disney

Disney's Keys to the Kingdom Tour:
Unlock the door to the mysteries behind the creation, development and daily operation of the Magic Kingdom® Park on this 4 1/2 to 5-hour walking tour. Discover the remarkable history of the Park and hear intriguing stories about Walt Disney, his visions, philosophies and amazing accomplishments. Explore some of those mysterious "backstage" locations about which you've always wondered and learn secrets of your favorite attractions. Lunch is included.

Adult (16-100 yrs) USD 78.81 (includes the tax)
2 Day/Full Cancellation Policy
Age Restriction 16+
Comfortable Shoes Recommended
Full payment is due at time of booking
Kosher Meals Available
No Photography Backstage
Photo ID Required
Please check in 15 minutes prior to start of experience
Valid Theme Park admission required

Chase Disney Visa cardholders can receive a 20% discount for up to 10 people. Cardholder must pay for the tour with the ard and attend the tour.

[I have done this tour myself and really enjoyed it. One of my friends sometimes is the tour guide - her name is Carol.]
1974-1983 WDW day trips*1992 WDW*1994 Contemporary*1997 WDW*1997 Poly* 1998 DL PAC*1999 DL DH*2000 Coronado/PO*2001 WDW*2002 DL DH*2002 WDW HHB*2003 POR*2003 WDW HHB*2004 Moved to Orlando*2006 DVC*2006 DLR*2007 DVBR*2007 OKW*2007 VWL*2008 GCH*2009 BLT*2009 AKL*2010 OKW*2010 SSR*2010 DLP DLH*2011 BLT*2011 AKL Kidani*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani*2015 VGC*2017 VGC*2017 VGF*2017 SDL & TDR*2019 HKDL Hollywood Hotel*2020 Contemporary TPV
doombuggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 10, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Darwen Bird
Imagineer

We loved it. I'd highly recommend it to anyone but especially to those who have been a few times and are looking for a different slant on the park.
Days Inn Days Lodge, June 89 & 92. Travelodge Maingate East, July 03. West Stonebridge Villa, June 08. Orange Tree Villa, July 10. Buena Vista Palace, Sept 11. Hilton Bonnet Creek, Sept 13. Port Orleans FQ, Nov 14. Buena Vista Palace, Sept 16. Port Orleans FQ, Nov 17. Hotel New York Disneyland Paris, Sept 18. Holiday Inn Disneyland Paris, Sept 23. Margaritaville Resort, Nov 24.
Mr Darwen Bird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 10, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Spider666
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I did the tour last year and loved it. I've booked to go again this year, felt that with differant people on the tour and differant guide i would learn other stuff and with Lunch included it made it great value!
Old 26 Sep 10, 04:09 AM  
Link to this Post

We did this tour today and it was excellent! Very good value for money considering the lunch alone is about $10. It lasted for nearly 5 and a half hours! Would recommend it to any Disney fan! Our guide Kate was brill!
Old 26 Sep 10, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

what time does the tour start?as ive heard about it but never done it.david.
Old 26 Sep 10, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by davycrocket View Post
what time does the tour start?as ive heard about it but never done it.david.
There are three tours a day, (usually) at 8:30am, 9:30am, and i cant remember if the other is at 9am or 10:30am

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread