Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Mar 07, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Paperwork - What You Need To Book In At The Port

Hi

Just thought I'd post a check list of what essential documentation us Brits need to bring with us in order to checkin at the port;

- DCL tickets & pre board paperwork ...but don't worry if you don't receive these before you leave for Orlando. These are usually despatched 3.5 weeks before sail date, and usually arrive by UPS about 2.5 weeks prior to sail date(and need signing for)... but pretty well everything can also be down loaded from the DCL website and/or copies are available at the port (along with CM to help you fill them in !).

- Passports for all members of your party.

- Proof of departure date & method from the US - normally takes the form of your return flight confirmation letter from your airline or travel agent.

- Photocopies of passports, or photo driving licences, for all adults to allow you to disembark the ship, whilst in port on your trip. DCL retain your passports during the trip - if you have not brought a photocopy of your passport/ photo driving licence with you then you can ask the check-in staff to photo copy your passport for you at the terminal. This ID is not required for disembarking during the cruise for any children, but they must be accompanied by an adult when doing so.

- A credit card in order to open an onboard account. You cannot pay cash for anything on board the ship or at Castaway Cay..opening an onboard account is therefore essential. I believe it is possible to open an account with cash but there is a minimum $ requirement to be paid up front, and it is not the normal way to open an OB account in this way.

I hope this is helpful to pre cruisers ... and post cruisers, please add anything that I have forgotten !

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 01:32 PM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 07, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Thanks for that...you beat me to it!
Old 16 Mar 07, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=jdybnsn]Hi

Just thought I'd post a check list of what essential documentation us Brits need to bring with us in order to checkin at the port;

- DCL tickets & pre board paperwork ...but don't worry if you don't receive these before you leave for Orlando. These are usually despatched 3.5 weeks before sail date, and usually arrive by UPS about 2.5 weeks prior to sail date(and need signing for)... but pretty well everything can also be down loaded from the DCL website and/or copies are available at the port (along with CM to help you fill them in !).

The chances of me recieving tickets/documentation through the post are very slim, with the postal service down here and xmas/new year closures and us leaving home 2 weeks before we sail I am not hopeful! Will I have any problems? I am just hoping that it all can be sorted out at the port should we not recieve documentation - will our passports alone and a booking conformation printed off from the web be enough?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 07, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I have always worried that our cruise docs won't get here in time, particularly on our honeymoon when we were due to be in WDW for some time beforehand... I ahve made sure to notify our TA or Disney of this and we've always go them before we flew out. However, they did say to us that as long as we had all our notification paperwork with us, plus passports etc we'd be fine
Old 16 Mar 07, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

You can also arrange to pick them up from the port if you want - but bear in mind they don't normally come via the post, but via UPS, so you should get them if in time if you have a UPS service down there, as long as you are not out of the country more than 2 weeks before sailing.

No worries if you don't... just download your documents/fill them on line. You will be in their system so you've no need to worry, plus there are copies of forms etc , at the terminal too.

Relax - it won't be a problem.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 07, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread