Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Jan 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Roadside assistance is the only thing I would go DIY for. Some on here buy stand alone Insurance from a UK broker. Not for me!
If you Google for it loads of sites come up.
However DuncanB is the authority on it and I respect his choice. If he is happy with the company he uses it must be good

Maybe PM him as he hasn't been on here today I don't think
No I wouldn't either.
Just so I am totally clear with Alamo Brits I have absolutely all areas covered incase of any incidents?I have gone with them as I trust your and other judgements on the Dibb! Then if I buy Roadside cover I would then have it all?

Edited at 05:33 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
We have ours through here, but we have annual worldwide policy due to going away to Europe later in the year and hiring a car there too. So it works out at £23.99 per trip for us.

This one also covers items which may be damaged through attempted theft or actually stolen from the car and the policy covers all named drivers.

carhireexcess/

£23.99 compared to the total cost of the holiday is just peace of mind for us. I don't want to be worrying about windscreens and stuff ... I'm on holiday !

We only want extended cover for keys, windscreen etc, as we have full protection for CDW etc through our booking with Alamo Brits.
Thanks for this I will compare with the one Mrmorrow sent and see if there are any differences.
I think I agree it's nothing in the scheme of things
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
No I wouldn't either.
Just so I am totally clear with Alamo Brits I have absolutely all areas covered incase of any incidents?I have gone with them as I trust your and other judgements on the Dibb! Then if I buy Roadside cover I would then have it all?
Fully covered. It's the standard cover Alamo do for those who get one of their cars through a UK website that doesn't supply the so called 'free' car.
Brits is the same as an Alamo car through Virgin Atlantic, uscarhire, Andy at discountfloridacarhire etc etc.

It is a worry but you are fine with what you have chosen.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Fully covered. It's the standard cover Alamo do for those who get one of their cars through a UK website that doesn't supply the so called 'free' car.
Brits is the same as an Alamo car through Virgin Atlantic, uscarhire, Andy at discountfloridacarhire etc etc.

It is a worry but you are fine with what you have chosen.
Thank you for your help
Old 16 Jan 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

S

Sorry missed request for info however in answer.
The info MrTM supplies is the one I use in US.
Reason
1. I cover glass,keys and supplemental towing cost not covered by a breakdown or accident I cover this in UK so see no reason not to cover in US.
2. Company quoted is located in kissimee and on US motoring forums people posted top service and had even dropped/ emailed receipts and been recompensed before returning from vacation.
3. Cost is fairly low v cost if you have to pay.Even though these are event's you are unlikely to encounter.
Average windscreen $300.
Keys $250.
Call out service for locked keys $125.
Supplemental towing mileage cost.?
As always these are event's that happen rarely there is as always a risk v reward with any insurance product and each group must decide how they spend their cash.
I always argue against people who say it isn't required as we all know you can be charged for above and also if don't buy and don't use you save 30 odd quid,so always a personal choice.
In EU I always choose hire companies with zero excess which can be found just a few extra against buying an excess policy in UK.
Again this is a personal choice and a £ decision.
Enjoy your trip.
Old 16 Jan 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Sorry missed request for info however in answer.
The info MrTM supplies is the one I use in US.
Reason
1. I cover glass,keys and supplemental towing cost not covered by a breakdown or accident I cover this in UK so see no reason not to cover in US.
2. Company quoted is located in kissimee and on US motoring forums people posted top service and had even dropped/ emailed receipts and been recompensed before returning from vacation.
3. Cost is fairly low v cost if you have to pay.Even though these are event's you are unlikely to encounter.
Average windscreen $300.
Keys $250.
Call out service for locked keys $125.
Supplemental towing mileage cost.?
As always these are event's that happen rarely there is as always a risk v reward with any insurance product and each group must decide how they spend their cash.
I always argue against people who say it isn't required as we all know you can be charged for above and also if don't buy and don't use you save 30 odd quid,so always a personal choice.
In EU I always choose hire companies with zero excess which can be found just a few extra against buying an excess policy in UK.
Again this is a personal choice and a £ decision.
Enjoy your trip.
Thank you for this and I agree I have the cover here so I will for there too. Robotoo linked a website that he uses and I'm a bit confused which cover is better or are they both the same?The US one doesn't cover undercarriage but the other one does. Insurance arghhhh
Would you mind taking a look and see what you think seeing as you are 'expert!'
Old 17 Jan 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

The undercarriage cover is what you may want if you are driving off road.
I personally use the US one for US for the fact local telephone number and local office
If purchased for Europe I would use an EU supplier.
Both add the unlikely event top up .
Choice is a personal one or a £ one as price move all the time
I agree insurance can and is a pain
Enjoy.
Old 17 Jan 17, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
The undercarriage cover is what you may want if you are driving off road.
I personally use the US one for US for the fact local telephone number and local office
If purchased for Europe I would use an EU supplier.
Both add the unlikely event top up .
Choice is a personal one or a £ one as price move all the time
I agree insurance can and is a pain
Enjoy.
Thank you as they seem to cover the same thing!Im def going to cover it as it's a small price to pay