Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Jan 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsFlorida
Trying for More Ears

Alamo Intermediate SUV

About to book our hire car with Alamo Brits and noticed that the example given for Intermediate SUV has changed from Toyota Rav 4 or similar to Nissan Rogue or similar. We have had Rav 4s the past two times which have been great. We tried to get our luggage in a Nissan Rogue but it would not fit. Does anyone have an up-to-date list of vehicles used by Alamo for this size? I want to check if Rav 4 is still being used as we may need to go for a larger size.
MrsFlorida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

With Alamo you get to choose from a row of cars, so you can pick the model you want that suits. Often there are larger categories of vehicle in the same row.

In May we had booked a similar sized car and ended up with a 7 seat Chevy Traverse. Photos on the sticky above.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. This is the Alamo fleet for that size. Most won't be in the line, some are never in the line. It's pot luck what is available.
Always worth asking if you fancy something they haven't got, well worth a tip.

BUICK ENCORE
CHEVROLET CAPTIVA
CHEVROLET TRAX
FORD ESCAPE
HYUNDAI TUCSON
JEEP CHEROKEE
JEEP COMPASS
JEEP PATRIOT
JEEP RENEGADE
JEEP WRANGLER
KIA SPORTAGE
MITSIBISHI OUTLANDER
MAZDA CX5
NISSAN ROGUE
NISSAN ROGUE SELECT
MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER
TOYOTA RAV4
VOLKSWAGEN TIGUAN

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

I'm currently in the same position. We have a RAV4 class booked with Alamo via virgin holidays and I'm not sure it will fit 2 adults and 2 kids with the luggage (four cases plus hand luggage) I've asked VH about upgrading the car before I go but the price seemed a bit expensive when others say you will prob get the next class anyway as they are in the line when you pick your car. I'm sure I've heard it's cheaper to upgrade over here before you get there so will ask VH again as it was a couple of months ago incase it's come down in price because the list tommorrow just listed has me more worried about the size of the class
I keep us informed how you get on
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

I wrote to them via facebook the other day as we will be renting in May and they replied with...

Our current fleet of midsize SUV's includes the Ford Escape, Toyota Rav 4, Jeep Compass, Kia Sportage, Honda CR-V, and Nissan Rouge.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
thedohs
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
I wrote to them via facebook the other day as we will be renting in May and they replied with...

Our current fleet of midsize SUV's includes the Ford Escape, Toyota Rav 4, Jeep Compass, Kia Sportage, Honda CR-V, and Nissan Rouge.
Thanks for this...

Looks like a few of us are going around the same time! 101 days for me!

I never driven an SUV before! Hope they are not too big!

Edited at 11:20 AM.
thedohs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Cheers for this info I'm so confused what to do. Part of me thinks I should upgrade over here and part of me thinks wait and see what's in the line up. Out of intreast does anyone know rough guess how much more it would be to upgrade Over there on the day virgin holidays quoted £140 to go from intermediate to standard in the past I would always go the desk and then get sold a upgrade it's only since finding the DIBB I've learnt about skip counter and heard I may have been paying too much for upgrade due to the staff working on commission
I wouldn't be too worried about this size SUV there no bigger to what cars we have in the uk. The full size SUV are different altogether they make the Audi Q7 over here look small
yeah look like we're all there same time May is always a nice time to go. Hope we all have a great time over there.

Edited at 11:50 AM.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by martyn7836 View Post
Cheers for this info I'm so confused what to do. Part of me thinks I should upgrade over here and part of me thinks wait and see what's in the line up. Out of intreast does anyone know rough guess how much more it would be to upgrade Over there on the day virgin holidays quoted £140 to go from intermediate to standard in the past I would always go the desk and then get sold a upgrade it's only since finding the DIBB I've learnt about skip counter and heard I may have been paying too much for upgrade due to the staff working on commission
I wouldn't be too worried about this size SUV there no bigger to what cars we have in the uk. The full size SUV are different altogether they make the Audi Q7 over here look small
yeah look like we're all there same time May is always a nice time to go. Hope we all have a great time over there.
Not guaranteed to work but in your situation I would do the skip the counter option on the car you have. Go to the garage and have a look. Then if not happy pop to the hut in the garage and see what they can do. The Guys there are really good.
But this could backfire and they can't or won't help you.
However I would chance it but only if you would be ok with what you booked, if adamant you want a bigger SUV I would upgrade from the UK.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I'm picking up an intermediate later on today I'll look see what's in the row
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
thedohs
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I'm picking up an intermediate later on today I'll look see what's in the row
Nice one!

Have a nice trip.
thedohs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List