Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 15 Jan 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

Disneyland Paris December 2016 - Day 1

Hi

This was our (me (Sarah) and my husband Simon) 5th Trip to Disneyland Paris and our 2nd trip at Christmas, we had gone with friends in December 2015 and it was so good we just had to go again.
Our travel day was Monday 19th December and we were spending our first night at the Kyriad Hotel near DLP and the remaining three at The Hotel Cheyenne. As when we returned were were going to my parents in Norfolk for Christmas we flew from Heathrow with British Airways.

Travelling up from Cornwall and having a flight time of 0855 am on 19th we stayed the night before at the Thistle Hotel at Heathrow. I actually liked this hotel a lot. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff friendly. They also have a restaurant that has a great view of planes taking off (well Im sure it does in the day) We sat and watched for quite a while as we were eating - trying to name the airline but you couldn't see much as it was dark and foggy- hence no pictures.

One of the reasons I booked this hotel was I wanted to try out the POD system that takes you to the airport. I had seen it on Youtube and thought it looked pretty neat. Little 4 person driverless PODs take you from the Hotel to Terminal 5 it takes about 5 mins or so.
They look like this

I didn't take this pic Ive had to borrow it from the Internet as unfortunately I realised once we had set off that I had left my phone in the Hotel room. Simon offered to go back (he really just wanted another POD ride ) and pick it up, luckily as it was early he was back in about 20 mins.

We checked in and as we were flying Club Europe with BA we headed to the lounge for coffee and some food. The lounge was fairly quiet and they had plenty of pastries and some bacon rolls to munch on.

Our flight was on time - I was concerned about fog but actually by the time we boarded it had cleared quite a bit which was good. It was a very busy flight completely full. One thing I like about flying from London is the flight time. It was only 40 mins, no sooner had the cabin crew come round with breakfast and coffee it was time to land and we were ahead of schedule.

We had booked a fly drive so picked up our car from Avis - we had a very small Fiat 500 which because I had to have the seat far forward I found I had blind spots everywhere as the windows were small and the back window was tiny, I definitely wouldn't buy one but for the small amount of time we would be in it it was fine.

We drove to the Park first as it was only just about before midday when we left the airport. We went straight to Disneyland Park to check out the Christmas Decorations.

We headed straight to Buzz as this is our first ride tradition, I think we waited about 30mins which wasnt too bad, then we decided to queue for Autopia which again was about 30 mins. After that we went over to POTC

Unfortunately it was down so we walked over to check the wait for Big Thunder Mountain - it was 90 mins. So we decided to leave that for another day when we could fast pass it. Nice to see it up and running though.

We headed back into Fantasy land and walked over to Alice's Labyrinth, it was very busy and there was a queue to get in so we decided again to do that another day, from what we saw though it was looking good after its refurb.

As we walked towards Main Street we caught the Christmas Parade coming through.

We then walked back into Discoveryland and I brought a Lotso bear, I kept saying our last trip that I wanted one but didnt buy one so decided that he would be my first purchase of the trip.

After that we left the park to find some food, we ended up eating at the Earl of Sandwhich which was fairly quiet and then headed back to the car to drive to the Kyriad. I didn't actually take any photos of the Kyriad, but we were only there for one night as the next day we would be checking into the Hotel Cheyenne.

Thanks for reading
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing, you were there the same time as us, glad you had a good time too! Looking forward to the the next days.
Old 15 Jan 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

Thank you for reading😃
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List