Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Jan 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
skindogg
slightly serious Dibber

skindogg's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Debit Card?

Probably been asked LOADS of times but here goes again...

Heading away Thursday with colleagues from work. I have a credit card, the other has a Nationwide Debit Card. Car is in my name so no issues there.

We're thinking of renting a second car in my colleagues name mid trip, getting the voucher and going to pick up the car so I can disappear to West Palm Beach to see my cousin.

Can my colleague pick up his car with a pre paid voucher (Alamo) and a debit card? And critically how much will they hold off that card as I understand the debit holds can stay fro up to a month apparently (may be wrong)
Old 17 Jan 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Yes. Alamo accept a debit card.

Deposit hold should be $1 but its been known to be as much as $200 but no reason as to why some people get such a large hold. It should last no longer than the rental duration. I've only ever seen the $1 hold though.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
skindogg
slightly serious Dibber

skindogg's Reviews
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Yes. Alamo accept a debit card.

Deposit hold should be $1 but its been known to be as much as $200 but no reason as to why some people get such a large hold. It should last no longer than the rental duration. I've only ever seen the $1 hold though.

Andy my hero Thanks for processing that booking so efficiently will let you know about the other booking asap!
Old 17 Jan 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

No problem

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
skindogg
slightly serious Dibber

skindogg's Reviews
Anyone reading this Andy is honest and a decent guy. I booked last week and had set the car to be returned at 6.30pm. Andy emailed me to tell me if he changed the return time to 6pm is cut the cost by £18

That's why I just called him a Hero in my reply That £18 = approx a 24 ounce Porterhouse in Mannys Chop House so when I eat my steak this weekend it's in Andy's honour! lol